The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Canon 50mm f0.95

woodyspedden

Yeah, way cooler in terms of numbers, only 800 made. OK, less as I know of at least one that is damaged! In terms of signature, has some swirly bokeh too.
I am not into collectibles so the 60 was not high on my list considering the price. I agree that the 50 1.2 is a very sharp lens. That is one of the things i like about it. But if you focus on a close up object and then look at the boke' I don't think you will see any Nisen (double line) images. I love the bokeh. One of the things I disliked about the Canon 0,95 was the lack of sharpness almost anywhere. So I find the Hexanon 50 1.2 a good balance. However i am relatively new with this lens so down the line I may change my mind.
Woody

V

Vivek

Gero, Contact Amin (asabet). He collected all the info about getting it converted to a Leica M mount. I deleted all the pms we exchanged (box filled up). I guess he would still have them.

Hacker

Gero, Contact Amin (asabet). He collected all the info about getting it converted to a Leica M mount. I deleted all the pms we exchanged (box filled up). I guess he would still have them.
You can DIY if you are brave. Some have done it, and there is a link with pictures. I cannot find it now, but you have to Google it.

Hacker

I had mine converted by Mike at EastCamTech.

Very happy with his work.
I had one done by him too, good work, but a lens converted for the M3/CL will not work with the M8. I wrote to him to convert one more, but he is not taking any orders for now. He also mentioned that he prefers to have the camera and the lens sent together.

You may try him and I highly recommend his work.

gero

are you people sure that the one with the canon mount can be modified?

I am thinking that the one for tv is, but not sure about the one for the canon7s.

johnastovall

Deceased, but remembered fondly here...
or I could exchange the camera and lens for one already converted. Anybody want to try that?
Don't think that will work. The camera has no value but for the lens and the conversion add to the value. I think the best you could do would be to swap the camera and lens with cash for a converted one. If you have the lens, conversion is the way to go.

V

Vivek

John, How could you recommend eastcam tech when he screwed up your RF coupling (not the only one I know btw. He has no facility/tools to collimate the lens) and the lens won't focus properly when used on a range finder camera? :confused:

Hacker

Of the four techs that did the conversion, Don from DAG and Ken from Bald Mountains have the best.

gero

Of the four techs that did the conversion, Don from DAG and Ken from Bald Mountains have the best.
thanks for all the help. I'll try it.

I have tried a lot of lenses from diff.ages,brands,focal lenghths,max apertures and still have not found one that havent liked.

Last edited: