The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

New member. "Hello"

mdwsta4

Hello everyone! New here and wanted to introduce myself. I've been a Canon shooter for over a decade, dabbled with the Fuji x100 and X-Pro 1 over the past year, and have finally gotten my hands on a new M9 along with a 50 summicron and 35 f1.4 voigtlander. Looking forward to learning from fellow members.

Here are a few test shots during a business trip my first week with the camera using the 35

and here are some during a walk around town using the 50

C&C is always welcome and appreciated.

Cheers,
Matt

ramosa

welcome! you'll love the camera and this website. lots of great folks on here who can definitely help you if you have a problem or question. i have never had the 35 that you have, but the cron 50 is my all-time favorite at this focal length. it was my second lens, then i sold it to get a lux 50 asph, then i sold that to get another cron 50! simply put, the cron does everything i want and i prefer its rendering. i don't need a super fast lens at that focal length and like the size and handling of the cron much more. (by the way, i especially like the texture and feel of the VW shot--and the tone and good [not overdone] processing of the shot with the man in the loading area.)

Lloyd

Welcome. Nice shots, looking forward to more. Please do post on the thread Charles (ShiroKuro) recommended.

jonoslack

Welcome Matt
Lovely camera - and lots of great images - you're obviously at home already.

all the very best

mdwsta4

Thanks all! Started posting some images from the weekend the the thread Charles pointed out.

Pete - always good to see a familiar face!

D&A

Hi Matt, welcome! Enjoyed looking at your shots but # 6 and 9 are my favorites. Lots of great people and postings here on getdpi. 35VC and 50 cron is a great way to start. Enjoy!

Dave (D&A)