The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

New M9 Firmware 1.196 on Leica download

DaveS

New version of Firmware out, here is what is listed about it on the Leica download page,

I am interested to see what happens to my battery status on this one.
Cheers,
Dave

M9 Firmware Version 1.196

1. Performance improvements:
- Further improvements of SD-Card compatibility.
- Implementation of the Lens detection of the new APO-Summicron-M 1:2/50mm ASPH.
- Improved power management.

The camera is now measuring battery stability internally. In case of weak battery stability, the camera switches off automatically.

Using old batteries could have lead to camera crashes and banding stripes under certain
conditions with the previous firmware versions. Especially the usage of nearly 6 years old M8 batteries proved to be critical.

It is the nature of Li-ion batteries that the capacity weakens after a certain time.
We recommend replacing the batteries for the M8 and the M9 after 3 years at the latest.

Heavy usage can even accelerate the aging process, and then batteries should be replaced earlier.

In case that the total amount of pictures, that can be taken with a certain battery, is significantly lower than before with Firmware 1.196, we recommend replacing this battery.

New batteries can be ordered at all Leica Dealers (Order Number 14464 )

Please be aware that your settings and your user profiles can be deleted after the firmware update.

Please make a note of your settings and user profiles before you run the firmware update.

Hosermage

Just updated.. and then I realized that I'm using exactly the default settings, WTF?! :) One less thing to worry about, I guess.

moreammo

Downloaded it and... battery too low for update...oh the irony :)

good thing i carry two ;)

updated and runnin fine so far... except this one did erase my profiles and i had to recreate them, no big deal though.

S

Spiritshooter

Mine updated fine without removing my user settings.