The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

New M8.2 just arrived

Jonathon Delacour

Subscriber Member
I'm one of the 55+ special needs set too (only just OF COURSE)
I've taken to wearing contact lenses for shooting, it's a huge success - I wear a 1.75 for my shooting eye, and a 2.5 for my looking at the lcd eye:thumbup:
Ahah!!! I need a 1.75 adjustment too, which I solved by combing a +1 diopter with the built-in adjustment on the D300/D700. But I have to wear my reading glasses (which I've attached to a cord that goes around my neck) to look at the LCD. If you have a 1.75 for your shooting eye, and a 2.5 for your looking at the lcd eye, how does your distance vision work? Or is it that the 1.75 shooting eye is fine for distances too?

Looking forward to learning more (since the "glasses on a piece of string around my neck" approach makes me all too aware that I'm one of the 55+ special needs set!)

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Geez folks they sent this too early for me, I said middle of November and Leica just sent it( better not complain to loud. LOL). I am in the middle of 2 big projects and have yet to step outside in days. Sorry for the delay

Chris C

... I have to wear my reading glasses.... to look at the LCD..... the "glasses on a piece of string around my neck" approach makes me all too aware that I'm one of the 55+ special needs set!
Jonathon - I got fed up with the reading-glasses on/off routine and now use an old [film] focusing loupe which I have on a cord around my wrist; it's a good solution. Hoodman make a loupe specifically designed for the purpose.

.............. Chris

Paratom

The new Leica 21mm and 24mm finders are awesome, well built, and very small. They have frame lines for both full frame and M8 (dashed/solid). However, I am not sure how much of an advantage they offer on an M8 since one can use 24mm frame lines or the entire viewfinder frame for the 24mm/21mm lenses.

Mark
If the 21 mm finder has framelines for ff and for M8-crop that means it has framelines for 16 and 21 mm on the M8 which would be a good replacement for the Frankenfinder.

Paratom

I love the M8.2 and replaced one of my M8s with the M8.2

However I wouldnt see the 24/3.8 that interesting. Why limit oneself with a slow lens?
But thats me.
I dont find the 24/2.8 that big (but then I also prefer 28/2.0 anyways regarding focal length and character.)
28 and 50asph have become my absolute favorits, followed by the wate and 75 Summarit.

Enjoy the M8.2 Guy.

TimWright

Geez folks they sent this too early for me, I said middle of November and Leica just sent it( better not complain to loud. LOL). I am in the middle of 2 big projects and have yet to step outside in days. Sorry for the delay
Why would you let work get in the way of play?;)

glennedens

That is a great idea, My vision problem is severe astigmatism which precludes contact lenses but i have been looking for someone who could make my prescription in a lens format that would fit in a diopter ring for the M8.

Glenn

HI Glenn
I'm one of the 55+ special needs set too (only just OF COURSE)
I've taken to wearing contact lenses for shooting, it's a huge success - I wear a 1.75 for my shooting eye, and a 2.5 for my looking at the lcd eye:thumbup:

Stuart Richardson

Is there any site that shows what the new framelines look like? Do they look the same, only larger? I am just curious. I am sentimental about the frames in the MP/M7 -- I am just more used to them. If the ones in the M8.2 looked the same, only smaller, I would prefer that to the way they look now.