Site Sponsors

Thread: Anyone in the Richmond, Charlottesville area?

Post Thanks / Like

Anyone in the Richmond, Charlottesville area?

I could use a hand...if anyone is nearby, I'd love to borrow an extra M8 / M9 battery for a day or two...

Thanks,

Mike

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Anyone in the Richmond, Charlottesville area?

If I wasn't 8000 miles away I would be happy to help out. I would recommend that if you do not own a 2nd battery it would be a very wise investment. The recent M9 firmware upgrade was an attempt to alleviate some problems with M9 users using older M8 batteries that are no longer able to supply full voltage. While the lifespan of these batteries is dependent upon number of cycles, average storage temperature, etc. it is probably fair to say that five years is about the most you should expect from one.

Good luck.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks a lot Stephen! I was afraid I couldn't find one by tomorrow, but alas! One is on its way to me from Adorama in time for Saturday. Thanks again!
    Portfolio
    Flickr
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Good luck with your shoot!!!

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like

Wow Michael,

I'm not all that far from your neck of the woods and would have been happy to have helped out. Can't believe I didn't see and/or missed the thread earlier in the day, but have been very busy and only browsed here for a couple minutes. Glad it all worked out though.

Stephen, if you were a true Leicaphile and a friend to all, you would have hopped on a plane (actaully since you fly them, commandeered one) and traveled those 8,000 miles for someone in need of a Leica battery . OK, here's your second chance, I need a 0.95 Noct by Sat.....for no other special reason other than I'd like to use one that day....LOL! Alright, the least I can do is buy you a cup of coffee (or tea if you prefer)!

Dave (D&A)
    Last edited by D&A; 9th August 2012 at 22:34.