The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Summilux f1.4 fast 35mm or 50mm (asph vs pre asph)

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
2. If you plan to have 5-6 lenses at some point ..then adding a 21 or an 18 on one end and a 90 on the other increases your range.
Roger raises another excellent point --- what you start with may either drive or change with a larger lineup of glass.

In my case, I prefer at least two bodies, and regularly carry 5 lenses with them: a 12 for vast interiors, 21, 28, 50 and 73 (mostly for people and artistic isolations); the 21/28/50 are my workhorse trio. I own an old, beat to crap 35 Ver3 Cron and love the way it renders, but virtually never mount it! At the end of the day, my 73 Hektor is a unique optic and in truth I'd probably be better served with a 90 instead for most travel/street situations, but the look it generates is so pleasant I continue to carry it.

Cheers,

Tim Gray

Having played around some with my new 50 Lux ASPH, I can say this is the lens I was looking for. 50mm is a great focal length, and I finally have a 50/1.4 lens that I can shoot at any aperture and just not worry about the results. I've seen that kind of quality in 50/2's, but not in the 50/1.4's I've used. I suppose Canon's 50/1.2 L is pretty good, but I'd rather not deal with the bulk, the focus shift, etc.

It's a great match up with the 28 Cron. If you need wider than that, the CV 15mm is a steal.

S

SAKIIMAGES

The 50 is sounding like the go for now. Will be testing both ASPH and Pre-Asph this weekend.