The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

24mm lux owners

gooomz

any solution to the lens cap constantly popping off.

i noticed there is no cut out for the rubber lens cap to latch on to the hood of the 24mm lux.

any way to stop the lens cap from coming off so easily esp. in your camera bag?

do they make metal hoods with the lens cap cut out?

thanks

glenerrolrd

Workshop Member
Agree with Ashwin ...I use the series 7 UV filter and skip the lens cap unless I am storing the lens . My practice is to clean the front element with a microfiber cloth every time I put the lens on the camera . The filter allows me to do this quickly with no risk to the front element .

BeeWee

If I remember right, the 24lux uses the same cap as the 18 SE. Although I don't own the 24lux, I have the 18SE and my cap always pops off. Having lost my cap once and needing to pay $50 to replace it (after shipping), I got into a habit of never having a cap on my lens while the camera is out of the bag.

I don't normally have my 18SE cap pop off in the bag but it does happen once in a while. Perhaps a cheap/low tech solution is just to put a piece of electrical tape on the cap to keep it from popping off. I think where the problem lies is the little latch at the bottom of the cap which was made too small so the latch often gets lifted off.

esy0345

I dislike the hood/cap immensely as well as the extra size. It is not needed. I got this: LEICA FRONT LENS HOOD CAP #14163 FOR LENS HOOD #XOOIM / 12521 / 12564 / 12586 HOOD from Popflash. It fits perfectly over the end and allows the use of the lens in my Lens Holder from Fast & Prime on a belt. The only disadvantage is that it has two small cutouts on the cap, but as I always have it in a bag until used, it has not mattered to me. It is 52mm and snaps on easily. Also disguises the lens so that it doesn't look like the $6995 it costs to those who know about that.