The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

More excellent 'Jono Slack'!

gandolfi

Subscriber Member
A staggering heart-breaking blog of breath-taking proportions.
Delves deep into the English psyche.
Manages to combine the monochromatic and the colourful in one heady mix.
I have not been better entertained all year.
Bittersweet, sensual, ingenious, tender.
A cracking read. If you read only one blog all year make sure this it.
This magical blog will completely transform your life.
A whirlwind roller-coaster.
A thesaurus for the imagination. A pixellated journey through the Elysian backwaters of the mind.
Put your feet up, partake of your favourite indulgence and wallow in this now. Entertainment of the highest order.
(That's enough over-indulgence. Ed.)
cont. p94.

Caution. This blog may contain scarecrows.:eek:.

emr

What a nice and interesting article. Well done Tim - and Jono.

BTW, Jono (since you'll probably read this thread), something that I noticed in your own introductory text:

I only use Photoshop these days for correcting lens distortion.
Since you're an Aperture user, have you tried or considered a plugin called PTLens? It works pretty well with the camera and lens combinations that are in the database, and quite a few are.

jonoslack

Hi There - thanks for the kind words. . . . but the point, didn't Tim write it beautifully? - the transition from personal to landscape, and such sweet writing.

I'm afraid I'm basking in his reflected glory - but hey! nice for a day or so :)

all the best

jonoslack

A staggering heart-breaking blog of breath-taking proportions.
Delves deep into the English psyche.
Manages to combine the monochromatic and the colourful in one heady mix.
I have not been better entertained all year.
Bittersweet, sensual, ingenious, tender.
A cracking read. If you read only one blog all year make sure this it.
This magical blog will completely transform your life.
A whirlwind roller-coaster.
A thesaurus for the imagination. A pixellated journey through the Elysian backwaters of the mind.
Put your feet up, partake of your favourite indulgence and wallow in this now. Entertainment of the highest order.
(That's enough over-indulgence. Ed.)
cont. p94.

Caution. This blog may contain scarecrows.:eek:.
PS Thanks Gandolfi :ROTFL:

chrism

Actually, I think the scarecrow using the CD as a frisbee deserves all the credit....

Congrats, Jono, well-deserved!

Chris

jonoslack

Actually, I think the scarecrow using the CD as a frisbee deserves all the credit....

Congrats, Jono, well-deserved!

Chris
Chris . . I quite agree, but the scarecrow is a tragedy . . . well, kind of - over two or three years they got better and better, it turned out that the farmer's wife had made them. We presented them with an album of photos . . .. and there was never another one :cry::cry:

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Celebrity status now. Geez now I need your autograph. LOL

Well deserved my friend. Just don't forget us little people. LOL

tashley

Subscriber Member
What utter tosh, Jono, the reverse is true!

Thanks for the kind words everyone... Jono and his work are easy to write about, and enjoyable too...

Hi There - thanks for the kind words. . . . but the point, didn't Tim write it beautifully? - the transition from personal to landscape, and such sweet writing.

I'm afraid I'm basking in his reflected glory - but hey! nice for a day or so :)

all the best

jonoslack

Hi There
Tim - have a fantastic holiday - we're off in the morning tomorrow until the 19th. I can't wait!

Thanks everyone else for the kind words . . . All I can say is that I'm very lucky to have someone writing so coherently and elegantly about my humble snaps!

all the best

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
An excellent read indeed, but I noticed this sentence somewhere down the page:

"For telephoto and macro work I've settled on Micro Four Thirds with a couple of Olympus OMD bodies."

Settled? I know you have had the OM-D for several months now, but settled? Nah, come on :ROTFL:

Godfrey

Looks like an excellent article, congrats Jono!
Hopefully I'll have time to read it a little later today ... :)