The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Welcome to the M8 world.

Chuck Jones

Subscriber Member
Is that a Rainsong on the right? I've got one of their parlor guitars. Nice stuff.
Actually no, it is a Composite Acoustics. Their "Legacy" model. They are the other manufacturer making composite carbon guitars. I really liked both the tone and the great action on this better than the Rainsong when I played them both in the same store. Technology changes sometimes are very amazing. I keep humidifiers running 24/7 to keep it stable, and still my Martin needs to be retuned every time I pick it up. This carbon monster has been around for two weeks now, and I only minor tuned it from the day it came home from the shop. Even out of a cold car, warm to room temp and just play. Oh, and of course, IT is the one with the built in tuner... <Grin>.

I'm wondering when the first Leica "Carbon" model will make it's appearance. Seems only natural to me to see the old brass replaced with the much lighter while just as tough carbon fiber as a body frame material on the M. :thumbup:

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Chuck great to finally see you here, i know you have been busy with the New Mexico and Mexico stuff. At some point love to see some stuff in the gallery. You have alot of friends here that would love to see what you have been shooting lately.

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Hi Chuck!

Sounds like you're finally getting settled in your new home --- congrats! I know it was a hassle for you, but it sounds like you life is getting back on the track you wanted it on ;) Super to see you here and as always, love to see your images!

Cheers,

Chuck Jones

Subscriber Member
Hi Chuck!

Sounds like you're finally getting settled in your new home --- congrats! I know it was a hassle for you, but it sounds like you life is getting back on the track you wanted it on ;) Super to see you here and as always, love to see your images!

Cheers,
Things are indeed starting to settle down a bit now with the big move, however I am beginning to wonder.... today in San Miguel it is 74 degrees... here in Santa Fe? 19. BLOODY freezing! Even the poor dog is wondering what that white stuff is flying around outside <Grin>.

H

Hans Roggen

Just saying hi to everyone i know frum LUF. Nice to see more M8 related forums on the net. Hope to be here a lot.
Hans

ptomsu

Workshop Member
Also a warm HI to everyone I already know from LUF

and of course all the others. Great place to hang around !

quadtones

Hello All,

After exploring here a little bit, it's good to see a forum with some concerted effort by everyone to share information, rather than to be contentious. I look forward to not simply "lurking" but hope I can make an occasional contribution.

Thanks, Guy and Jack for making it happen.

Norm Snyder