The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the Leica M Monochrom

xdayv

Actually 'twas my first serious attempt to shoot Filipinos watching a Manny Pacquiao boxing match. It is almost like a national holiday whenever there's one. Unfortunately for the Philippines, Pacquiao lost...

Pacquiao vs Marquez Part IV

ashwinrao1

Great shots, Woody, Dave, Matt....

We should start an MM processing thread. All images here have unique looks, probably from similar base files....great work!

erudolph

League Park, Cleveland

I'm in Cleveland visiting family this week. Brought only MM and 50mm Cron-M with yellow filter plus iPad. Today my brother and I visited the corner of 66th Street and Lexington Avenue, site of the venerable League Park

Joe DiMiaggio got the last hit of his 56 game hitting streak there, Ty Cobb stole home for a record setting 54th time there, Babe Ruth hit his 500th home run, out of the park onto Lexington Avenue there. On and on.

With the iPad I ingested the small jpegs, worked them up in PhotoForge2, which has some great tools, particularly its Clarity filter, for easily making underexposed images look spooky. I resized in PhotoGene since it does a better job of it.

All that's left of the League Park is the old ticket selling building on the corner plus the adjoining wall behind the right field grandstand.

My brother paces the left field line. The left field line was 375 feet, the right field only 290 feet!

We drove back home through a rundown part of Euclid Avenue.

ashwinrao1

Ed, those are great images. I grew up in cleveland, spending 22 of my 1st 26 years there...Never went to League Park...I'll have to drop in next time, as my parents still live there! Thanks for sharing!

Woody Campbell

Workshop Member
There are a lot of great images in this thread. This one touches my soul for some reason. Well done.
Thanks. A moment of lovely light in the morning golden hour that lasted only a minute or two. My general rule for landscape: get out during the golden hour periods and shoot whatever is at hand when the light is magical. The light is more important than the subject.

I'm having an ongoing debate with myself about cropping the branch in the upper left corner.

V

Vivek

Who was that genius who said that Leica brought out the &*!@ product this year?

Awesome stuff folks! :thumbs: