The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the Leica M Monochrom

erudolph

Up in Jenner, California. 50mm rigid summicron with yellow filter. All processing done with iPad apps including PhotoForge 2 and or SnapSpeed.

The town has a population of about 100. Here, looking towards the mouth of the Russian River and the Pacific.

erudolph

Same gear. The town is minimal. Unincorporated, with post office, bed and breakfast, gas station, cafe, souvenir shop, park service visitor center.

erudolph

Two more, same gear, that seem to go together.

The banding on telephone pole shot is an artifact of some ham-handed ipad app processing. As is the general look of this series. :)

PeterA

The black and whites POP when you nail the exposure in 'good light'. This is one heck of a light capturing device - if you are into B&W Street - you are lucky - because the contrast between Darks and Lights enhances appreciation of tonality.

I am getting a kick out of just snapping away at interesting plays of luminance using this camera - I love printing Street shots glossy - no Matte for this fella when it comes to B&W..

Yeah I am hooked - so glad I bought one - I have my neutral density filters and Noctilux on order!:)

V

Vivek

The glow is marred by spots and stripes (banding). Woody, Sorry if this is sounding repetitive.

DavidE

Can I issue an appeal to those folks who have the MM for sometime now but have not shown any pics to post a few? :)

I still do not have one, yet...:(
Vivek, I received my MM back in December, but didn't have a chance to travel with it until earlier this month, when I went to Las Vegas for the CES tradeshow.

I brought three lenses: an 18mm Super-Elmar, a 24mm Summilux, and a 35mm Summilux.

Decided to shoot only with the 18mm while I was there. I wanted to get a good sense of how well it works with the MM.

I was especially impressed with dynamic range on this shot from the Audi booth.

DavidE

Another one from the show floor. The 18mm made this shot much more interesting (for me anyway) by bringing in the ceiling.

DavidE

I was concerned that I wouldn't be able to use Silver Efex Pro 2 to enhance overcast skies, as I'm used to doing with an M9. There seems to be plenty of latitude to goose up an image, if needed.

DavidE

I was also concerned about how I would be able to process MM images for contrasty shadows, as I occasionally would hollow out the middle grays. Seems that won't be an issue either. I was able to boost the extremes without sacrificing the mid-tones.