The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the Leica M Monochrom

ashwinrao1

A few recents...I have been busy shooting the camera!!!

with the Nikkor 5 cm f/1.4 LTM

With Nikkor 10.5 cm f/2.5 LTM

johnnygoesdigital

AArrgghh,

I was just about to log off and then saw this thread... I get this camera in a big way, I often see the world in luminance levels and think this camera would be stellar. I don't think i've ever seen 35mm b/w that is so clean and MF like. No...i'm not comparing and won't start a Leica MM vs D800 thread because I know i'd be biased towards the Leica...I really like this camera!

airfrogusmc

OK everyone heres the info on my show.

Calumet Photographic Chicago (Cherry St) in the gallery.

Fleeting Moments

Opening April 4th from 6:00-8:00.

xdayv

Some inspiring photos here ^^ thanks.

Here are some photos, as usual with the 50 summilux in the streets of Cebu, Philippines:

Hosermage

Portrait master, Ashwin. Those are pretty serious make up.. what was the occasion? The first one with the wings in the first series still leave me speechless... the bokeh made it very feather-like!

D&A

That's stunning! Even the footprints have followed the same curves. Wonderful.
+! Quite agree! That image...from the lone man and his dog, to the composition and light handed approach to it's tonality...strikes a wonderful balance and projects a feeling of serenity. An exceptional photo.

Dave (D&A)

jstaben

In my neck of the woods it takes a long time for the snow to melt and for some actual color to appear in the ground, etc. Perfect for the Monochrom and a photoshoot with the kids!

Original image was much sharper not sure how all you other posters are getting your resized pics to look so good!

charlesphoto

Finally got a Monochrome. First shots are of my daughter Leica (how apropos).

Amazing camera. Of course the rangefinder was out but managed to adjust it myself today. Everything about it feels tighter than my M9's. And it's quieter. Nice surprise. But yeah I can see I've got an uphill learning curve with these files. Out of the box they are FLAT!

This is iso 2500 with the 90mm Macro-Elmar.