The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the Leica M Monochrom

Petster

Woody, this is anything else then odd. I like the images and I think the MM should be used exactly where it should not be used in the first place. This will bring out the most interesting pictures.

I like the tonality and the drama of the sky. Would love to see some more odd pictures. ;)

jonoslack

I did something odd for a recent trip to Bermuda. I only brought my MM. That's right, grayscale only in pink sand heaven. And four lenses: f.95 nocti; 40mm Summicron-C (fixed to bring up the 35mm frame lines); 24mm lux; 18mm super elmar.

Here we go:
All Lovely Woody
Not such a strange thing to do - I consistently prefer the monochrome shots I've taken . . . I'm missing it already :cry:

Woody Campbell

Workshop Member
So I'm exactly one month into my MM. I'm finding that it's has a subtly steep learning curve, but it's very rewarding to make the effort. The tonality is lovely, but almost always takes some manipulation in post. I find myself using local adjustments a lot - just like in the darkroom. I see in black and white better than in color - it's simplifying for me to start there.

For me the MM and four lenses (18, 24, 35 and 50) is an ideal travel kit. I'm using the 18mm super elmar in preference to the WATE at this point.