The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the Leica M Monochrom

xdayv

"The Cathedral of Palo"

and couldn't have the courage to shoot this with my DSLR, thanks to the "discreet" mode which I set as my default setting:

ashwinrao1

Fuel Coffee...Seattle

a hole in the wall....

Kingfish Cafe (best Southern food in the Northwest, pardon the pun...)

My old roomie Kim

Ornament Selfie

Evergreen Monochrom

Preparing for winter, the lonely branches await the sun of spring

erudolph

The difference between the screen and a print

One great pleasure of the MM (and I guess of all good digital files, including film once it's been scanned) is pixel-peeping. Looking at a 100% view is often the most fun. The web changes photography because it is essentially a display of such low resolution that, when compared to the resolution required to make a good print, it turns our files into the equivalent of gigabyte files.

This is a cropped shot, about 25% of the original frame, 50mm Cron, yellow filter, ISO 3200

JeffWarren

Ashwin Kingfish cafe...amazing shot just great! xdayv..Dave Your last "discreet" shot in the set great as well. Nicely done. Looks sort of 3d to me.

DavidE

Hooray... I got my M Monochrom on Friday!

I was on a couple of lists, but grew impatient and decided to call around. I found one at Southeastern Camera in Raleigh. They had an M Monochrom and 35mm Summilux arriving on Thursday. I grabbed the M Monochrom, and UPS delivered it on Friday. As far as I know, they still have the 35mm Summilux in stock. I already had one, so I wasn't interested.

MM + 35lux (ISO 1250)

Woody Campbell

Workshop Member
By the way the new release of LR does not fix the MM high iso lens correction moire pattern issue. We may be stuck with this forever. Too few MM users to get Adobe's attention?