The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the Leica M Monochrom

Woody Campbell

Workshop Member
Here are a number from today with my 1945 Carl Zeiss Jena 5cm f1.5 Sonnar. This is a remarkable lens and has spurred my interest in legacy glass. This is three frames stitched.

Last edited:

docmoore

Subscriber and Workshop Member
Urban Landscapes of a sort...

Leica Monochrom and 35 Cron Asph

Warehouse and Steeple

Winter Trees

Bob

ashwinrao1

Some older or unusual lenses on the Leica MM...

Avenon 28 mm f/3.5 LTM

C-Sonnar 50 mm f/1.5

Nikkor P.C. 10.5 mm f/2.5 LTM

Canon 35 mm f/2.8 LTM

Canon 100 mm f/2.0 LTM

Lloyd

Those are magical, Ashwin. Wonderful to see how the special characteristics of the vintage glass come through on the MM.

Last edited:

ashwinrao1

Thanks Lloyd, and yes, vintage glass sings on the MM. I am aching to get my hands on a 35 mm f/2 Summicron V1, which is very highly regarded for BW work, to use on the MM, and will put that up against what I am seeing with the stellar Canon 35 mm f/2.8...but in general, older lenses seem to capture more DR (particularly in highlights and shadows, since mids are well represented, and I find these files easy to manipulate in LR4...

John's Canon 100 mm f/2 LTM is another perfect example of this...

iiiNelson

Some older or unusual lenses on the Leica MM...

Avenon 28 mm f/3.5 LTM

C-Sonnar 50 mm f/1.5

Nikkor P.C. 10.5 mm f/2.5 LTM

Canon 35 mm f/2.8 LTM

Canon 100 mm f/2.0 LTM

These REALLY aren't helping my GAS. In the last two days I've finally bit the bullet and bought a 50 Summilux after passing on it for a while now as I was in a 35 mindset more this year. I also bought a Voigtlander 21/1.8 Ultron. Not too many samples online of the rendering but I was satisfied with what I saw for the price and if it's anything like the 35 Nokton II then I will be very happy with it. I'm looking forward to the MM when I can get around to getting one.

xdayv

Continuing my (mis)adventures with the Monochrom...

Advance Happy New Year!

Last edited: