The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the Leica M Monochrom

ashwinrao1

It's been a while since I posted from the MM here. Here are a few, with various old lenses:

Canon 85 mm f/1.8 LTM

Nikkor P.C. 10.5 cm f/2.5 LTM

35 mm f/2 Summicron v1 (8 element)

Canon 100 mm f/2 LTM

D&A

Kurt, regardless of which camera you've used for your B&W imagery, your photographic eye and skills in composing images that resonate with the viewer are always inspiring. I especially liked B&W dreams from this set.

Dave, I continue to not only admire your unique processing of monochrome files which are quite different than those of others, but also have been enjoying the way you capture moments of everyday life...excellent!

Ashwin, I'm living vicariously through your eyes as you explore many unique optics when used on the monochrome. Many of these lenses images take on a whole new life when used exclusively for B&W. Your pic of "The Scowl" gets me every time...she's an adorable cutie! Looking forward to see more of your monochrome/classic lens images.

Dave (D&A)

Last edited:

erudolph

Posting this because of my surprise (by this time I shouldn't be surprised at the DR of this camera). I had been expecting to see silhouettes at the end of the hall. Ferry Building, San Francisco, 50mm Summicron, yellow filter. My wife said, I think they'd be more interesting as silhouettes than as "the iPhone people."

D&A

I can only speak for myself, but sometimes we're all so concerned about making "art" with our cameras that we loose sight that some of our best and most memorable shots are of those so near and dear to us....especially those moments that illustrate just how silly and fun life can be :thumbs:

Dave (D&A)

glenerrolrd

Workshop Member
Posting this because of my surprise (by this time I shouldn't be surprised at the DR of this camera). I had been expecting to see silhouettes at the end of the hall. Ferry Building, San Francisco, 50mm Summicron, yellow filter. My wife said, I think they'd be more interesting as silhouettes than as "the iPhone people."

Interesting photograph and discussion on DR . I ve shot with the M9 in that exact location maybe half a dozen times (Pete s in to the left and its a good resting place while waiting for the Ferry ).

The photograph looks like you pulled back the shadows in post ?

V

Vivek

Ops ..I looked again and its a different location in the terminal ...
Yeah, if you look at the image from an iPad then it gives a quasi silhouette appearance. In actuality, the face details are very visible.

xdayv

A couple of high ISO shots:

"Studying at the Park" (ISO 3200)

"Checkmate at the Waiting Shed" (ISO 5000)

Last edited:

Woody Campbell

Workshop Member
Vivek -

Woody, What lens and aperture for this shot? There is some "waffle pattern" (uniform grid like pattern) on most of the frame.
18mm SEM. This is actually the infamous lens correction plus stress the file bug in LR. I brought the lower values forward quite a bit with local adjustments. I
ve fixed it by dialing up the noise reduction a bit.

Thanks for the heads up.