The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the Leica M Monochrom

airfrogusmc

Yes I agree Lloyd. Killer set with the image wit hall the bar and stripes and the lady smoking in the doorway oh and the sax player all amazing....Oh and the shadows....

jonoslack

Love to see a shot of that famous camera, Jono. Can you make that happen? ;)
HI There Lloyd . . . busy right now, but here is the slightly gunmetal beast. Initially there was black paint in the writing, but it looked a little odd - now it's just through to the brass - I rather like it!

The excellent strap was a present from my son Silas - who made it.

All the best
Jono

ashwinrao1

Gorgeous, Jono. And congrats! Your images sold me on the MM...as I am sure it sold mny other MM's. Leica should honor you as such with this really awesome engraving :)...I continue to be in awe of the camera....

jonoslack

Gorgeous, Jono. And congrats! Your images sold me on the MM...as I am sure it sold mny other MM's. Leica should honor you as such with this really awesome engraving :)...I continue to be in awe of the camera....
HI Ashwin
Not sure about the honor - I asked, they did it for nothing (I did pay for the camera though!).
It is nice to have it back.
all the best

RF_Licks

Jono, congrats on your Monochrom!

1936 meets 2012. CZJ 50/2 Collapsible pre-war on Monochrom. My Monochrom continues to amaze me with vintage lenses.

Joe