The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the Leica M Monochrom

dmabry2010

Hi There,

Some of you on the Forum know my wife practiced for a Figure competition. She is 49 years old, and thought this competition would be a milestone met for her.

Some of you helped me a lot getting ready to take some Monochrome shots (some shown here) and some Sony A99 color and video (thank you Cindy for your help).

My wife, EJ, prepared for 19 weeks with strict diet and exercise. While she has been fit with cross fit and Pilates, she did transform her body over those 19 weeks. That said, after the last few days of first carb depletion, and then water depletion, she was absolutely spent the morning of the competition, as shown by the first photo.

Her transformation competition day, from being totally spent to being "on stage", with her coach bringing her up to that high point, actually brought me to a pride for her I have never felt before.

Oh, and yes, they do glue the girl to the bikini.

Here is my wife, EJ's, journey through the day (Leica MM and 75/2):

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
Michael,
Congratulations to you both. EJ looks amazing. My favorite photo is the second one, because it captures so much emotion.