The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the Leica M Monochrom

MichaelToye

as much as i enjoy your offerings here, may I mention, forget the images and enjoy your honeymoon? :)
Hehe, we are back now, but it's possibly the last time my wonderful wife will go on a streetphotography walk with me. she had very sore feet (with walking shoes too!) and a little sun stroke, despite remaining properly hydrated.

We both had a great time though!
Michael

This was the first opportunity to use the M Monochrom at higher ISO. I found ISO 3200 to be quite nice and usable. But, as can be seen, at ISO 6400 things started to become iffy and it was a challenge to recover a photo that was too dark. Additionally, the 24 Summilux-M was AMAZING on the MM!!!

Monochrom + 35 Summilux-M APSH; ISO 3200; processed with Silver Efex Pro

Solidarity-Sing-Along: SOLIDARITY by m. t. sullivan, on Flickr

Monochrom + 35 Summilux-M APSH; ISO 6400; processed with Silver Efex Pro

Solidarity-Sing-Along: makin' the rounds playing Duck, Duck, Arrest! by m. t. sullivan, on Flickr

Monochrom + 24 Summilux-M APSH; ISO 3200; processed with Silver Efex Pro

Solidarity-Sing-Along: "Cops" Are Behind You by m. t. sullivan, on Flickr

Monochrom + 24 Summilux-M APSH; ISO 3200; processed with Silver Efex Pro

Solidarity-Sing-Along: Cops for Free Speech | Cops for Labor by m. t. sullivan, on Flickr

For those interested in seeing more, the entire set can be seen here: Solidarity Sing-Along

Cheers,
Michael

element-m

Tonight was all about pleasures :)

Go with the Flow

This guy was very proud, with his new treasure sat next to him on the bench while waiting for his bus

And this older gentleman enjoying a special moment

Summiux 50mm ASPH

element-m

Today was open day at Yverdon-les-Bains airfield. This was the nicest plane that I saw. People call her the "La Beech". Not sure because of the french accent which "Beech" they meant exactly. Maybe it really is a Beech. Very shiny plane and tricky to get right. This one worked best : (edited in SEP2)

May I just say thank you for taking me onboard and for all your generous faves, and comments on my recent posts. Still relatively new here, so it means a lot to me. Merci.

Last edited:

element-m

This is imho not the best of the lot, but the most fun. It's an older guy WELL into his sixties, if not even early seventies., so chapeau!. His smile here is irresistible and is a true reflection of his passion and joy for sky diving.
Earlier : Thought I'd ask the sky diving team (Valais), if I could join them for a shoot, no problem.
We climbed to 4000 meters at which point 7 divers did their jumps. The pilot was also very kind. I sat next to him in my parachute, and facing the cabin.
Haha, after the guys jumped, the pilot did a sharp 180° and dived (the pilot told me he left out step 2 of the dive maneuvre, and went straight to number 3 instead) towards earth. All I could see was the sky above us. It was like a scene out of "Quantum of Solace" James Bond film. What a thrillling experience.
Needless to say, we landed safely :D

Getting ready to open the door :

Diving back to earth :

Last edited:

Lloyd

Amazing stuff. That shot of the plane is really nice, but the shot of the skydiver is spectacular!