The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the Leica M Monochrom

erudolph

It really does, Dave. I've come to prefer 1.4 as the best balance of characteristics. The f/1 exposure was an accident. Unfortunately, it caused his beard to totally clip and it was the first and only shot in which he looked into the lens. I had to strip in his beard from the next shot, on which I'd stopped down a stop but in which he'd closed his eyes!

I've been bitten by the vintage lens bug and am trying a couple out for a week or so. First up is a Leitz 35 Summaron f/2,8 from 1960... Only been using for a day, but it's a cool little lens! Here are a few shots:

M Monochrom + 35 Summaron f/2,8, ISO 1600

Olivia brushing her, teeth! by m. t. sullivan, on Flickr

M Monochrom + 35 Summaron f/2,8, ISO 3200

Mumma goes in for a kiss! by m. t. sullivan, on Flickr

M Monochrom + 35 Summaron f/2,8, ISO 3200

Ooooooo…Toothpaste! by m. t. sullivan, on Flickr

xdayv

Getting accustomed with the 28mm fov, suddenly everything feels wide after using the 50mm for more than 9 months straight...

250swb

Bakewell cattle market

21mm ZM and some eye texture (film grain) added in pp to an otherwise smooth 2000 ISO file, just to improve it.

Steve

Okay, used the 50 Summicron Rigid some this past weekend... very nice lens! I can see what all the fuss has been about.

Not the best composition, but the bokeh I felt is amazing from this lens; @ f/2.

Tricycle in the Rain [MM + 50 Rigid] by m. t. sullivan, on Flickr

Focusing with these older lenses is different... I find it takes a bit to get used to the little focusing knob on the 50 rigid... but it certainly is spot on!

Olivia from Above [MM + 50 Rigid] by m. t. sullivan, on Flickr