The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the Leica M Monochrom

element-m

Tried some architectural shots whilst visiting my family in Munich :

Part of the main Hypo Bank HQ which is currently undergoing a complete sanitation :

A small part of the two Glass towers that were built only a couple of years ago but often photographed :

And finally, a shot of the "Allianz Arena" : (As with the other two, no editing that is worth mentioning)

Woody Campbell

Workshop Member
More odd lenses. this time a 5cm Nikkor-S (Contax mount) f1.4 with a Contax to Leica adapter that I found on ebay (the focusing helicoid for the Contax was on the body, not the lens, so this is a complex adapter). This lens does much better at close focus than infinity, where there is all kinds of junk going on in the corners. The lens is from the mid-1950s.

Last edited:

Woody Campbell

Workshop Member
Another odd lens. This an 8.5 cm f2.0 Carl Zeiss Jena Sonnar from 1937, also in Contax mount with a modern copy of the adapter referred to above. The mount had a slight ding which caused serious hassles fitting it to the adapter. After fussing with it on and off for a couple of months I finally got it working this week. The focus cam is not correct for Leica so the rangefinder is only accurate at close focus (1.15 m) but is extremely accurate there. This with an M so I could use the EVF to focus and converted. This is a sensational charismatic lens, especially given that it is 75 years old.

Lloyd

Very interesting images, Woody. I really do love how the Nikor and the Sonnar draw, and the bokeh is particularly good with those two.

Lloyd

That lens certainly has some magic. But the older lenses seem particularly suited to Black and White imagery.

D&A

Ashwin, Haley No. 1,4,5,6 are sublime. Lovely.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Why wouldn't they be lost in this most generic of city landscapes?

Lost In Urbana by michael_toye, on Flickr
Love it! The signs in back should have read "To The Left" instead of "To Let"...that would have said it all...LOL!

Ashwin, Asiafish, Woody and others, simply stunning and inspriational work with the Monochrome. All nicely done. I espcially like the imagery with the old Sonnars and other assorted lenses. The MM lends itself to many different looks, part due to post processing, part the lens and part the camera/sensor. Very interesting to say the least.

Dave (D&A)