The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the Leica M Monochrom

xdayv

[MM | 28 Cron]
note: on the last pic, there is a noticeable circular banding, shot at ISO 3200, exposed for the highlights, shadows pulled up in pp.

Last edited:

erudolph

A fine series.

I hadn't seen circular banding before. Is it something about hi ISO and a particular angle of light?
Kirk, I think this type of moire-ish banding can be an artifact of using rotation or lens correction in LightRoom when a dark high ISO image has been pushed hard. Not sure if that's what's happening in dave's case, but it has happened to me.

xdayv

A fine series.

I hadn't seen circular banding before. Is it something about hi ISO and a particular angle of light?
Kirk, thanks. My observation is when the shot is undexposed heavily at high ISO (at ISO 3200 and up) then when the shadows are pulled up in post process. It's very seldom though.

ReeRay, thanks!!

xdayv

I'm beginning to really like this lens! Here's another set, all shot wide open...

[MM | 90 Summarit]

MichaelToye

Michael, how did you shoot this one? There's a lot of depth, did you zone focus on this?
on the streets i"m shooting between f/5 and f/6.3. Usually I zone for 4m, but this shot was a proper focus on the lad as I had a few seconds to catch it.

Michael

Paul.N

Playing around with the processing of this one... I love the detail. I've ordered a 30x40 test print from DSI. I'm excited to see what the MM prints look like when they are exposed on traditional analog Ilford RC.

Hutchins Redux

And now for something corny....

corn