The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the Leica M Monochrom

jlm

Workshop Member
my friend's machine shop: two shot merge

old machines have such classic names: LeBlond, Van Norman, Kerney and Trecker showing here. also in my shop: Hardinge, Monarch, Colchester, Bridgeport, Tree, Walker Turner, Arboga, Shelton, Doall

Last edited:

jlm

Workshop Member
something is awry with the liker:
i got an e-mail telling me of a like (from Kirk), but it does not show under the post
and my morning jo shot does not display the "like" choice panel

downstairs

I’ll go for the new Monochrom because of live-view and ‘focus peaking’. I’m nearly aways shooting at between 0.7 and a meter and have to cover focus shift errors by stopping down. the ‘peaking’ thing should save me about three stops and less noise.

Shot again today in very dull weather.

V

Vivek

"Peaking" is a white elephant and frankly useless. Focus magnification, OTOH, combined with liveview is the real deal and is very, very useful.

V

Vivek

You are very welcome! Not a big revelation that you would have found out immediately. :D

Your images continue to inspire me (even if only the tonality part) are a constant reminder what a powerful tool I own. I would look forwrd to your MM2 images as well.

airfrogusmc

For me and the work I do on the streets LV is something I have NO interest in. I have no need to upgrade unless the MM dies and Leica stops fixing them. A lot of my street work I use DoF scales and fast shutter speeds.

Got out for a while earlier today