The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the Leica M Monochrom

J

JohnW

Very nice, airfrogusmc. I especially link the third one. And, as usual, I like your post work.

I'm surprised we have not run into each other. Actually, I can't even remember the last time I saw someone else on the Chicago streets with an M. But during the week I don't have time to venture too far from my office. Lately I've been enjoying the financial district.

John

- - - Updated - - -

Last edited:

airfrogusmc

Some from this AM

Thanks John and keller set yourself. Love your stuff and a fellow Chicagoan I see.

I'm sure our paths will cross. I bumped into a guy the other day that was shooting with an M-P Steve IIRC.

Keep up the great work..

Three snapshots documenting a walking tour of "New Deal Berkeley,' led by New Deal historian Harvey Smith.

In the first, Harvey points out the history of Berkeley, inscribed in a Treasury Relief Art Project mural. The mural offers a 'gentle' version of the Spanish conquest of Alta California.

The second shows the (older) Postmaster's office, with more of the New Deal mural that surrounds it. Here a hard-working Native American appears over the shoulder of a Conquistador who loves his horse. The clock is contemporary USPS, and the Postmaster's office has been converted into an elevator shaft.

The third mural is self-referential: An outdoor mosaic shows a 1930s working-class artist sculpting in the latest Modern style, observed and inspired by three classical muses. The subject is thus the New Deal arts programs themselves.

New Deal murals I by Kirk Thompson, on Flickr

Postmaster by Kirk Thompson, on Flickr

New Deal murals III by Kirk Thompson, on Flickr

MM, 40mm Summicron

xdayv

Been sour graping that I have the Summicron 28, so as not to mind the Q. :facesmack:

Last edited:

xdayv

The 28mm FL makes me wanna draw closer to the subjects, this one I have to step a 'lil closer in the middle of the road.