The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the Leica M Monochrom

dave.gt

I've made a video with my monochrome first time recently during a holiday in Japan. Thanks for watching and comment.

Love is in the Air @ Nagoya 2019

Leica Monochrom
Dallmeyer Kinematograph
Ray,

Just found this thread... love your video work! Nicely done.:thumbs:
I would love to hear the story behind the video. :)

Thanks so much for sharing!!!!!

dave.gt

Leica M Monochrom and Voigtlander 50 1.2 Nokton at 1.2

Allen,

Well done as always!:grin:

Can you share some of the post-processing required for using the Monochrome? I presume it is minimal from the only time I briefly shot my friend's Monochrome. It does seem to be an answer to my desire to obtain black and white images without the tedious conversions from color.

Thanks!

airfrogusmc

Allen,

Well done as always!:grin:

Can you share some of the post-processing required for using the Monochrome? I presume it is minimal from the only time I briefly shot my friend's Monochrome. It does seem to be an answer to my desire to obtain black and white images without the tedious conversions from color.

Thanks!
Hi Dave,

My post is nothing fancy. The files from the MM are just beautiful. You just have to be careful to watch your highlights. Just like transparency film if you blow them there is nothing to pull back but there is tons of stuff in the lower zones. I don't do anything more than what I would do in the darkroom. Density, contrast, burn and dodge is usually about it. Maybe a quick mask and bring up or down a specific area. The files are just so rich and such a joy to work on. So much is there but the files are usually really flat out of camera so you do need to message a little.

dave.gt

Grrrr... now I am inspired/driven to start shooting black and white again...:loco:

My brain has long been creating new synapses in regard to color, and now, I have set aside the Velvia and loaded TriX and FP4 in my film backs. No Monochrom here, so I will see what happens with film now that the Autumn colors have faded and fallen from view.

This is a wonderful thread but it needs more posts!!!:)

Actually, I need to see more posts to keep my mind active!:thumbup:

DwF

I haven't posted here for a while but nice to see it alive! These were taken by the local shore last week.

MM 35mm 'cron v4

KeithDM

New camera - old lens. Trying out my 1955 5cm Summicron Collapsible on M10 Monochrom. (Well, what else can one do when Storm Ciara is battering the country!). :). Both at f2.