The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the Leica M Monochrom

KeithDM

Saturday was a very dull day weather-wise but at least the late afternoon was dry, so I ventured out with M10M and newly arrived 90mm Summarit-M f2.4.

Full speed ahead to London!

Social distancing / permitted walk / catching up on gossip

Enchroaching on the countryside

After the rain...

JohnBrew

Saturday was a very dull day weather-wise but at least the late afternoon was dry, so I ventured out with M10M and newly arrived 90mm Summarit-M f2.4.

Full speed ahead to London!

Social distancing / permitted walk / catching up on gossip

Enchroaching on the countryside

After the rain...

I hope you are happy with the Summarit. I had two of them (50 & 75) and they were fine lenses. It is a shame Leica quit production of these lenses. I think their quality was too close to the others of the same focal length for quite a lot less in do-re-me. See Sean Reid comparisons.

KeithDM

I hope you are happy with the Summarit. I had two of them (50 & 75) and they were fine lenses. It is a shame Leica quit production of these lenses. I think their quality was too close to the others of the same focal length for quite a lot less in do-re-me. See Sean Reid comparisons.
Thanks. All looks good so far. I have had a 75mm f2.5 since 2011 and although it does not see a lot of use, when I do use it the results never fail to please.

phOtOny teXas

MM, Zeiss 85mm

mOna Peasant Girl
I came across her in an open field. A very soft-spoken farm girl picking potatoes before winter sets in.

mOna
by tOny endieveri, on Flickr

I was out roaming the country side of Ireland and stumbled across her. Being just a poor peasant girl she barely had any clothes on, was dragging a sack of potatoes and obviously needed some help from a gentleman like me. It looks like I will now be eating potatoes for a very long time.

Robert Campbell

I came across her in an open field. A very soft-spoken farm girl picking potatoes before winter sets in.

I was out roaming the country side of Ireland and stumbled across her. Being just a poor peasant girl she barely had any clothes on, was dragging a sack of potatoes and obviously needed some help from a gentleman like me. It looks like I will now be eating potatoes for a very long time.
Peasants here in Ireland? Really?
Ireland is now a rich country, a transformation in the last few decades.

Robert Campbell

MM, Zeiss 85mm

mOna Peasant Girl

mOna
by tOny endieveri, on Flickr

I should have added; it's a charming image of a colleen or cailín.

KeithDM

Shots from a local bike ride on a sunny Saturday afternoon. M01 Monochrom, 50mm Summilux-M ASPH, orange filter.

dave.gt

As the photos (all the above!) clearly show, the M10 Monochrom is certainly on my list of desirable cameras!:)

Thank you all for sharing in this new Covid-19 world in which we exist. There has to be good news somewhere! And I believe you guys have found a bit of joy.:thumbup:

If this review has been mentioned before, my apology. I happened upon it and thought it was interesting:

https://www.ultrasomething.com/2020/01/paradox-view-the-m10-monochrom/

KeithDM

So far 50mm-wise I have used either my Summilux-M ASPH or ZM C-Sonnar. *Decided to put my elderly 5cm Summicron Collapsible LTM on the M10M this afternoon and go for a short local walk. Some results (with orange filter):-

KeithDM

A substantial crop from a wide-open (f2) 'grab' shot - M10M, 5cm Summicron Collapsible LTM. Pleasantly surprised at what a 1955 lens can achieve when mated with a 41MP sensor!

DogWalker.jpg