The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the Leica M Monochrom

KeithDM

Three very disparate subjects from a local stroll Friday afternoon. 5cm Summicron Collapsible LTM (with orange filter) on M10M. The more I use this combination for countryside subjects, the more tempted I am to favour it over my 50mm Summilux-M ASPH and ZM C-Sonnar.

KeithDM

A neighbour has just swapped his Harley for a Triumph Rocket 3 GT - all 2.5L of it! (Yes, a 2500cc triple). M10M, 90mm Summarit-M f2.4.

KeithDM

Tested my 21-35mm Vario Elmar-R f3.5 on my M10M on Monday afternoon, on a walk around Malmesbury in Wiltshire. Some results:-

KeithDM

I keep looking at the first image of the hotel; it looks to me to show barrel distortion. Or is it just the extreme wide-angle view?
The heavily ivy-clad wall at far left is 'stepped' back part way up so the ivy could be disguising this. When imported into LR I used LR's 21-35mm Vario Elmar-R profile in 'Lens Correction' plus used the 'Auto' button in the Transform section in the Develop module so any distortions should have been dealt with.

KeithDM

A brief outing this afternoon on a local walk to test a 21mm Super Elmar-M f3.4 (with orange filter) on M10M.

KeithDM

A Sunday afternoon local test run with new 21mm Super Elmar-M f3.4. Three views of*St Mary's Church in Purton, Wiltshire. *One of only three churches in England having both tower and spire. *M10M, 21mm Super Elmar-M f3.4.

KeithDM

A visit to Cricklade would not be complete without at least one photo of St Sampson's Church. A view of the church from the rear. Camera & lens etc as above.

CrickladeChurchRearView.jpg