The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the MM

Paratom

Sorry to disappoint if there is no image.
But I wanted to share some other fun experience which has to do with the MM:

I just searched for yellow filters from older times. Finally I found an M39 (which fits my Summarits) yellow filter from Leitz. And I remembered that about 20 years ago, when I worked at a phot store (my time as university student) one day a old guy came in who gave me some old filters and other Leica utilities. He was to old to use it and just wanted to give it away and didnt even want money.
Now, 20 years later I can use it. I think even if it is not multicoated or whatever I will take better images with this filter than I would with a new one. Just because it is in my mind.
I also will get the dust off my old Ansel Adams books - the Negative and was the other the Positive?
This is emotional and fun for me.
Now I hope I can post some images which are worth it soon.
Cheers, Tom