The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Digilloyd on MM (and other cams)

Woody Campbell

Workshop Member
Funny, in an undergraduate sort of way.

Nice to see someone shooting at the sacred cows.

Doesn't change my view of the MM - it's a remarkable tool for someone who has been looking for something like it.

Shashin

And which cow is sacred? Cameras are cameras and most of the bias and opinion about them tend to be in the mind of the beholder, just like in this article. You can look at any camera tech specs and see what it is. Then it is a matter if it has some value to you. Most of this kind of moaning is more about the author boosting his ego. The fact that he even thinks profanity is cool, just marginalizes the opinions even more--using swear words is cheap comedy.

doug

Sacred cows only exist in the minds and hearts of those who wish to shoot them down.

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
And which cow is sacred? Cameras are cameras and most of the bias and opinion about them tend to be in the mind of the beholder, just like in this article. You can look at any camera tech specs and see what it is. Then it is a matter if it has some value to you. Most of this kind of moaning is more about the author boosting his ego. The fact that he even thinks profanity is cool, just marginalizes the opinions even more--using swear words is cheap comedy.
You had to ask which sacred cow. OMG, how long have you been here. Starts with a L and ends in a Red Dot. :ROTFL::ROTFL::ROTFL:

I wont comment on another forum owners comments but I did laugh my *** off.

RVB

Funny, in an undergraduate sort of way.

Doesn't change my view of the MM - it's a remarkable tool for someone who has been looking for something like it.
Just had a look at your one photo a day website,excellent shots,you certainly how to use a rangefinder ...

Paratom

I re-read it. I have no problem with the language but I also just dont understand what he means. Maybe because english is not my native language.

I think making the MM without a red dot is a clever move. Now nobody can say that I paid part of the money for my MM just for the red dot.

Brian S

I'm glad that I did not pay to read his crap. I can assume that the rest of the site is just as professional.

stephengilbert

"I can assume that the rest of the site is just as professional."

That's the problem with small sample size. You read one of a thousand posts and decide the other 999 are crap.

I can see deciding not to read Lloyd based on a single post; you could conclude that his style is not your cup of tea. But that's not much of a basis for deciding that he's unprofessional. There are posters here who intentionally stir things up, and I don't read much of what they have to say, but that doesn't mean that they don't know anything.