The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Digilloyd on MM (and other cams)

J

JohnW

Reads like Lloyd thought he was being clever. But it comes across as sophmoric to me. Definitely lowered my view of a guy of whom I had a pretty solid impression. The Mel Gibson effect.

John

stephengilbert

John,

I agree. It's the kind of thing I might say in a private rant, but wouldn't write in an internet forum, and certainly not on my own website.

I'm a lawyer, and I often say things about judges, but not to the judges. :)

Steve

Bob

Administrator
Staff member
No disrespect to anyone, but I have real differences on his computer testing methodology. Just not reality-based.
As far as I am concerned his rant just was more of the same but in more colorful language.
-bob

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
John,

I agree. It's the kind of thing I might say in a private rant, but wouldn't write in an internet forum, and certainly not on my own website.

Steve

LOL I write them but wind up deleting them before i post. My way of venting without anyone knowing. LOL

Yes i have learned over the years. LOL

Bob

Administrator
Staff member
John,

Steve
I used to carpool with a NY Supreme court Judge, The US Attorney for the county of Kings, and a defense lawyer all of whom lived on the same block.
I was really surprised about the candor in the car but once they left it it was as if they had not said a thing.

Brian S

"I can assume that the rest of the site is just as professional."

That's the problem with small sample size. You read one of a thousand posts and decide the other 999 are crap.

I can see deciding not to read Lloyd based on a single post; you could conclude that his style is not your cup of tea. But that's not much of a basis for deciding that he's unprofessional. There are posters here who intentionally stir things up, and I don't read much of what they have to say, but that doesn't mean that they don't know anything.
It's more the problem of the person behaving in a truly unprofessional manner on a site that he expects people to pay to read what he has to say.

Sometimes a sample size of one say more about the person than all the others combined. Either the old "showing his true colors" comes across in this post, or at least a complete lack of respect for anyone reading the blog.

dseelig

I was on Lloyds site for a while and on Reids site. I am no longer on either. With Lloyd I could count on his opinions being right on, with Reid his not so much. If he got pissed becasue he could not find the perfect product more power to him. Reid well he loved lenses that to me were crap the 50 voitlander and 15 voigt, felt like my time and energy were wasted. I have never had a bad piece of advice form lloyd. the onluy thing I was a miss about was I have no problem focusing leica M 9's