The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Voigtländer 21mm f/1.8 Ultron lens announced

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Voigtländer announced a new 21mm f/1.8 Ultron lens for M mount. The price is 1150 EUR. Shipping is expected in early 2013.

Features:

13 elements in 11 groups with aspherical lens
Full metal barrel with high stiffness and durability
Manual focus only but smoothly and perfectly focusing
10 aperture blades brings you a beautiful bokeh

Specifications:

Focal Length 21 mm
Aperture Ratio 1:1.8
Smallest Aperture F22
Lens Construction 11 groups, 13 elements
Picture angle 91°
Aperture blades 10
Closest distance 0.5 m
Focus range ∞ - 0.7m
Diameter 69.0 mm
Length 78.4mm (with lenshood)
Weight 412g
Filter size 58 mm
Mount VM

Read more on LeicaRumors.com: Voigtlaender 21mm f/1.8 Ultron lens announced | Leica News & Rumors

dseelig

I hope this is a good lens. I hated d the 50 nokton and the 15 once digital came out. I have the 24 through 75 luxes but got them at good prices now they are all sky high and the 21 lux just not enough use to get oen and not enough money.

iiiNelson

Yeah I owned the 50/1.5 Nokton but I really only liked it for B&W pictures. The newest 35 Nokton version II is probably the first Voigtlander I've tried that didn't leave me with mixed feelings concerning the rendering.

rich_

the 35 Nokton II is awesome. I like some of the 1.1 shots I get with the 50mm Nokton but it's more hit and miss and not nearly as sharp. Hopefully that new lens is more like the 35mm type.