The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Your 3 favorite M-lenses...

V

Vivek

I am not sure if I have seen any images from the AA 50/2 that can attest to its price. Has anyone?

Knorp

Hmm yes - I can see your point (and I'm saving for the new M as well - especially now I played with it in Solms). Still, i've only got 2 50s, and I'm thinking that a Nocti 0.95 and a 50 'cron is a rather spiffing combination . . . and that under those circumstances the 50 'lux might be overkill?

The alternative is to sell the 24 'lux, which I love . . . but don't use all that much. :poke:

Tom - if I get one I promise I won't post any pictures in this thread (is that okay?):thumbs::angel:
Well, I can see your point, too. Indeed the Nocti and the new cron make for a fantastic pair.
But selling your 24'lux ? Than better chop the 50'lux !
What about selling your car ? You can have both the new 50'cron and the new M and even have change for the MM !
:p :D

All the best.

jonoslack

Well, I can see your point, too. Indeed the Nocti and the new cron make for a fantastic pair.
But selling your 24'lux ? Than better chop the 50'lux !
What about selling your car ? You can have both the new 50'cron and the new M and even have change for the MM !
:p :D

All the best.
Yes. But then I wouldn't be able to drive to Holland to work, and than I couldn't afford any of them!

I do believe there are NOT enough Grannys to go around!
:ROTFL: indeed. I used to have several, but they inconsiderately left the scene before I could sell them.
Incidentally. Do you know what the going rate for a good granny is?

henningw

I have too many lenses some days, but then I have a change of heart, and I'm glad I have every lens I do. I often go out with three lenses.

Sometimes I go out with:
WATE
MATE
90 macro

Sometimes it gets darker, and I go out with:
21/1.4
35/1.4
75/1.4

The 50's don't go out as much except when they're the only lens. Sometimes I go out with just one lens, and that could be the Nocti or the late Elmar. Or the Summilux ASPH.

Things change, but the only FL I think I would always keep, and have part of a set is 35mm.

Henning

rayyan

I've changed my mind . . .. I only have one favourite:

Leica 50 summicron f2 asph . . .

I fear that I'm dangerously and fatally in love - I just wish I had a granny I could sell to buy one of these beautiful lenses . . . Oh Dear!
Hi Jono.

I might have one to spare!
There are few here,who too want to get it!:D
The market price...eh:D

Best.

StephenPatterson

1. 35 Summilux FLE. Always on the camera or in the bag.
2. 50 Summilux ASPH or Noctilux 0.95, but if pressed for one the Nocti.
3. Toss up between the 21 SEM or 90 Elmarit-M, with probably a slight edge to the 90.

arild

Seeing as I have practically no experience owning Leica lenses, this might be uninteresting as a whole. The two M-mounts I´ve tried (borrowed from my kind uncle and an internet buddy), have been excellent, though. Finally, the lens that coerced me into M9 ownership is on its way to me. The 35 Lux ASPH FLE. Gotta include it.

1: Summilux 35mm ASPH FLE (will probably live on my camera until it dies)
2: M-Rokkor 40mm "Cron" (I find this practically indistinguishable from the next one)
3: Summicron 35mm V4 (beautiful, though two-three times the price of the Rokkor, and really, I can´t see the benefit of this vs the above)

If I could, and I probably can, at some point, own all three, I´d do it. At least 1 and 2. The Rokkor is small, friendly and discreet, drawing beautifully, is mechanically a bit "harsher" than the Leica Cron, but nothing that matters, really. Can´t say that I don´t look forward to the Lux, though.. :)

chocy

1. 28mm summicron asph
2. 50mm summilux pre-asph
3. 35mm summicron IV for the size may get replaced by 90mm something...

C

ClydeR

1. 21mm f2.8 Elmarit ASPH
2. 35 f1.4 Summilux ASPH
3. 90 f2.8 Tele-Elmarit-M

alahome

M40/2 is a must choice if I use M8. I used to hear M-Rokkor 40mm's design was based on 35mm Summicron V3 6 elements. But I am not sure this rumor is real or not.

But based on my testing, M-Rokkor 40mm's corner is better than 35mm Summicron V4 when they are wide open at F2. In the center, they are equal or 35mm Summicron V4 might be a little better.

M-Rokkor 40mm is far better than VM40/1.4 at all apetures except F1.4. ;) :deadhorse:

Seeing as I have practically no experience owning Leica lenses, this might be uninteresting as a whole. The two M-mounts I´ve tried (borrowed from my kind uncle and an internet buddy), have been excellent, though. Finally, the lens that coerced me into M9 ownership is on its way to me. The 35 Lux ASPH FLE. Gotta include it.

1: Summilux 35mm ASPH FLE (will probably live on my camera until it dies)
2: M-Rokkor 40mm "Cron" (I find this practically indistinguishable from the next one)
3: Summicron 35mm V4 (beautiful, though two-three times the price of the Rokkor, and really, I can´t see the benefit of this vs the above)

If I could, and I probably can, at some point, own all three, I´d do it. At least 1 and 2. The Rokkor is small, friendly and discreet, drawing beautifully, is mechanically a bit "harsher" than the Leica Cron, but nothing that matters, really. Can´t say that I don´t look forward to the Lux, though.. :)

wosim

For me the most versatile package for traveling:

1) WATE Tri-Elmar 16-18-21mm
2) MATE Tri-Elmar 28-35-50mm
3) Tele-Elmarit-M 2.8 90mm

(4) Tele-Elmar 4.0 135mm

When it's getting dark:
1) Ultron 1.9 28mm
2) Nokton 1.4 40mm
3) Summicron 2.0 90mm pre-Asph.

jonoslack

Hi Jono.

I might have one to spare!
There are few here,who too want to get it!:D
The market price...eh:D

Best.
Hi There Ray
I hope you're well . . . . . if you have a 50 'cron Asph Apo to spare, then I'm sure there are many many here who want to get hold of it. I've no idea what the going rate would be right now (about enough to buy a Monochrom at a guess).

But I guess you thought I meant the current (and lovely) non Asph 'cron?

If you have one of those, then I would keep it.

all the very best