The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Series 6 step ring

Robert

I recently bought a 50mm Summicron R (serial 25XXXXX) and it appears to take Series VI filters. I'd like to use modern ND filters, but I can't find Series VI to XXmm step up rings. I can't even find info of the actual measured thread size of a Series 6 filter.

Can somebody help steer me towards something usable? Thanks!

Kokoshawnuff

Not likely to find a step up. A series VI is about 41mm and series filters don't have threads, rather they require a retaining ring which "sandwiches" the filter between two screw in parts. Depending upon what filter you need, the retaining ring should be a cheap eBay find and the filters available at BH

Robert

I don't want to use Series 6 filters, but rather normal size, let's say 46mm, filters on a Series 6 lens.

Thanks.

Robert

Thread size for Series 6 is 43.5mm, I just tested it. I picked up a 43.5mm > 46mm step-up ring from ebay and can now use a modren multi-coated ND filter.

DonE

I, too wanted to find a step-up ring for a Leica 50mm Summicron-R 23826xx with Series 6 filter threads. I found this post and was able to find a 43.5mm ring. It was too small for my lens. I finally found a Heliopan #223 44mm to 49mm at B&H. It took about 6 weeks to get to me but it fit!