The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Leica Monochrom Print Experience?

skimmel

I'd like to ask for thoughts from those who have printed images from their monochroms. How do they look, especially compared with M9 images.

I realize this is subjective and can't be supported with objective evidence on-line, but I'd still like to hear about peoples' experience.

Tim

I'd be interested to hear also. For web or LCD viewing I think the differences would be subtle IMO, the print is where its at. Large exhibition size prints should yield some improvement I would hope.

m_driscoll

My experience in making prints has been very good. I've printed up to 13x19, so far. Clearly depends on the photo and the paper, but, the resolution comes through. Favorite papers are Epson Exhibition Fiber and Epson Hot Press Bright.

I'm curious if anyone's sent an image off to the special Leica printer.

Cheers, Matt