The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Christmas Gifts

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Okay you Leica junkies, your thinking i am going to ask what you got as a gift from Santa . WRONG. I know you folks to well. The real question is what did you buy yourself for Christmas. Yea i know you sneaky ones out there. :ROTFL::ROTFL::ROTFL:

D

Digital Dude

Well Guy,
Still waiting on my custom Fogg b-laïka bag from France and the Leica (silver) viewfinder. Sounds pretty skimpy, although I’m still recovering from my initial M8 w/28-‘cron and accessories that I spent in Nov-Dec. However, my 50-'lux and 21-'El isn't far behind ~ I hope ~
Regards,:rolleyes:

Last edited:

Terry

Well at first I thought it was my 28 cron
Then I told myself it was the Gitzo + RRS
Now I've convinced myself that it was the 21 elmarit
Perhaps my friends and family will decide that it is a trip to the insane asylum.

Do I hear CV12????? There really are a few more hours left and B&H is dangerously close.

jlm

Workshop Member
got my son a Canon 40D, and gave him my 24-105.
have a contax 24-85 on it's way, he he.

W

wparsons

I've started a new milk bottle -- $200 a month -- for the Fast Wide Prime that I know Leica wants to make for me.

Also planning to take pix! Way too much of this computer crap in my life.

Regards to all,

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
yea, that and a pair of Yak Trax :ROTFL:
I should explain about those :D

There are two or three trails that you may want to take that ice up in the snow. If you know ahead of time, you wont want to do those treks, then they (and the pole) are probably not necessary. But they make nice stocking stuffers anyway :ROTFL:

Cheers,

EricC

I must admit that as an early Christams present to myself I traded in my two week old 28mm f2.8 asph plus cash against a mint used 28mm f2 asph.

After buying the 28 f2.8 asph i realised that i would rather have speed than small size. :D:D:D

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Eric:

Welcome to the forum and congrats on your new acquisition! I can tell you that you choose wisely :) The 28 Cron alongside my 50 Lux are my #1 lenses.

C

cadmium red

I can't quite muster the nerve to buy the 21mm 2.8,,,,,so I am on the merry go round with the zeiss 18 or 21......jus feeling the need to go wider.....and affordable......
a couple of months ago I knew nothing of photo's beyond point and shoot....then doc something came over me...I thought i should start taking pictures of my work that I've done over the last 30 years...first It was just a little internet reading and looking at b/w photos...then camera comparisons....so much about the canon rebel and the nikon d 40...It all seemed so harmless...then i somehow came across two words that intrigued me,,,,"leica experience"....It was like 1965 and the innuendo of something called LSD and the "experience... flash forward to october 2007 and my wallet uncorked sprayed bubbly in the form of the M8, 28 elmarit, and 35 lux.....big bucks from someone who has been drawing with pen and ink on vellum for many years...[.now thats a cheap habit and christmas use to be $15 for a rare 22"x"30 japanese handmade paper that took ink beautifully.]...now look at this leica addiction sucking my retirement money like a nasa rocket trying to get out of the atmosphere!!!!! Oh well,,,,,I only live once {thats what I told myself in the fall when I decided to but the M8 after months of researching digital cameras] so lets see what this leica thing is all about. Hell...30 years ago I spent 3 times that much on cocaine so it's not like I havent been down this road :ROTFL:before...http://forum.getdpi.com/forum/images/smilies/th_SmlyROFL.gif.but hey this is fun and the other drugs well ...as warren zevon sang..."aint that pretty at all"......I love this whole leica /internet shopping/seanreiding black and white circus... it's so different......when you hang out with artists you talk about money and the lack of it or the creative process...but never materials... so this is a nice change.......anyway,back to christmas.....I'm working my way to the 21mm experience and it's only a matter of time ,,,and oh yes http://forum.getdpi.com/forum/images/smilies/th_SmlyROFL.gif..money...:ROTFL:

woodyspedden

No big purchases for me as I already own the lot! <g> I now have the CV 15, Leica R elmarit with R to M adapter, 21 Elmarit, 24 Elmarit, 28 Cron, 50 Lux pre asph, 75 Lux, and 135 APO Telyt. I know everyone can have a laugh at my indiscretions but I really do use them all. I am getting the CV 12 though because it is such a great lens for getting close and wide.

Merry Christmas everyone

Woody

D

DougDolde

Santa delivered my IDs Mark III on Christmas Eve in his big Brown truck.

pthompson

Got myself the stocking stuffers -- Gordy's camera strap, Tim's Thumbs Up, a Kirk base plate, and a 1.25 viewfinder. But I could have done better, if i could only decide on the right 90MM. :D:D

S

Shootist

M6 and Pre ASPH 21 Elmarit.
But we will see it the seller actually ships the items.
I think I might of been SCAMMED.

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!!!!!!!!