The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Christmas Gifts

EricC

Eric:

Welcome to the forum and congrats on your new acquisition! I can tell you that you choose wisely :) The 28 Cron alongside my 50 Lux are my #1 lenses.
Thanks Jack,

I have just sent the 28 off to be coded so am using my 24 asph as a body cap at the moment. :D

All the Best and a Great New Year to all.
Eric

etrigan63

As a belated Christmas gift to myself, I picked up a LNIB used Zeiss 50mm Planar f/2 from an RFF member (with hood). I am eagerly awaiting the man in the white van. My CV 75mm may go up for sale soon. I am also planning on buying a Mac Pro after Macworld in a little over a week-and-a-half. I fully expect a refresh of the Mac Pro line to the new Penryn processors with Blu-ray support and new video cards.

I finally got around to buying a 75 Summarit to replace the one I reluctantly returned to Leica after testing.

i may as well add David Farkus (Dale Labs) to my bank account because he gets all of my extra money. Nevermind, he already has my debit card number so that is about the same. LOL :)

etrigan63

I see you are in South Florida, Mark. Were you in attendance at the Leica Demo Day last November? We need to get together and shoot the breeze.

Last edited:
D

Daveco

My family got me socks and shorts; I got me the M8 and 28 cron (post-Christmas because I could always hope.)

I see you are in South Florida, Mark. Were you in attendance at the Leica Demo Day last November? We need to get together and shoot the breeze.
Unfortunately I am not in South Florida, I am in East Tennessee. Otherwise, I would love to meet up and shoot the breeze. I always enjoy spending time with other photographers. I met David on the Leica Akademie trip to Germany last summer and have been buying stuff from him ever since.

Carlos, I am in Cleveland, TN. It is about 1-1/2 to 2 hrs to the Smoky Mountains National Park. I guess that is where (e.g., Gatlinburg, Pigeon Forge) your family rents cabins. Let me know if you get up this way and we can go out shooting.

etrigan63

Will do Mark. We may be heading to the Gatlinburg area again this year so I will let you know. We are also planning a trip to Spain.

W

wilsonlaidlaw

A WATE at pre-increase price - Xmas prezzie to myself. It seems to have welded itself to my M8. I am even getting used to the Frankenfinder, although not too happy that I have to take it off to get the M8 into my Billingham M. I tried a Distagon 18 but was not too impressed. As a long term Contax user, I never particularly liked the Distagons other than the 21. The 25 CX/Y Distagon I had was hopeless, even after an expensive rebuild - I have seen harder putty. Much prefer the look of the Biogons that I have for M8 (21 and 35) and the ones I used to have for my G2, the 21 and 28.

Wilson