The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

M9 or wait for M typ 240?

iiiNelson

Hi Godfrey
I really do agree - the 240 may not be a perfect substitute for a dSLR - but for my purposes it will probably mean that I no longer need a dSLR. As you say - simplifying things still further.
all the best
...and this is the number one reason I am interested in the new M. I'd imagine that I would keep my M9-P if nothing else as a back up but I'm thinking there will be room for 3 bodies if I get a MM which I want more than a Type 240 right now. Maybe I will wait for the eventual M Type 240-P.

A M9 for under $4k used would be very interesting to me. For higher iso work, my D3 is always handy.

I'm thinking an M9 with 25/40/75 glass would cover about 70% of my candids and portraiture. Nikon with 16-35, 85 and 70-200 would clean up the rest.