The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

favorite m9 neck strap

gooomz

i do like the luigi deluxe strap but i must say i am also liking the artisan 103 strap for my m9.

what's your favorite neck strap for your m?

arild

I look forward to using the Classic Cases strap I´ve ordered from Paul Glendell. I ordered it in brown colour with green lining. Plan on getting one of his half-cases, too, but that´s a bit in the future.

My present favourite is the wide, black Leica leather strap (14453), that replaced a used Luigi one I bought very cheap. The Leica one is very comfortable once it is broken in a bit and softens up. And, it doesn´t twist up all the time like the one that came with the camera....

Frits

For me the Artisan & Artist cloth strap (ACAM-102) is a natural fit for the M9. Very comfortable and great looking.

Double Negative

Not Available
I've been a long-time fan of the Luigi strap (and case). I've got two (in rally).

If you like the A&A straps, check out the Street Strap. Instead of silk it uses nylon... Still feels quite nice and half the price.

glenerrolrd

Workshop Member
I ve used the UpStrap small size (RF) on my M bodies since the M8 . They are similar to the standard strap but grip better . Since I am shooting with two cameras ..I can t have the strap slipping of my shoulder .

I spoke with Luigi about putting a rubber facing on his leather straps (where the suede is) but he told me that adding a new material causes him great problems in registering his products and not worth it .

charlesphoto

I'm with Roger on this one. I've used Upstraps for about 12 years now on all of my cameras (the rf model, even on my D3). I much prefer safety to fashion when hauling around a $10k plus camera. Plus they are very comfortable.

douglasf13

I'm enjoying my Luigi 15mm without the shoulder pad, although I'd like to get one in a fixed length, rather than having the adjustable model.

Paratom

I still use the orginal strap...even though I dont have total trust in the connection to the camera (bad experience). Other than the connection I find the orginal strap quite good.

Double Negative

Not Available
I'm enjoying my Luigi 15mm without the shoulder pad, although I'd like to get one in a fixed length, rather than having the adjustable model.
I'd have to agree. Find a length that suits you and get a fixed length one. Both of mine are adjustable (single on one, double on the other) and I never use the feature. It's more "annoyance" than anything.

Godfrey

I still have the original strap on the M9, and bought a second for my M4-2, reason being that it is easy to remove when I want to put the camera on a tripod. I hardly ever hang the camera around my neck, the standard strap's rubber pad keeps it from slipping off my shoulder.

I do have an A&A soft strap for it as well. Maybe I'll try using it for a bit. ;-)

G

Double Negative

Not Available
One really cool thing about the A&A, Street Strap and other such round/woven straps... They don't really get "twisted up" and being consistent (in width, surface, no buckles, etc.) throughout from lug to lug - makes it very easy to slide around... Say from around your neck/shoulder to shooting position.

algrove

I might eventually try an A&A soft looking strap I saw at my nearest Leica store, but when it comes to wearing my M I prefer the Leica wide leather strap #14455 which once soft is a pleasure to wear.

StephenPatterson

My favorite neck strap is a Gordy's wrist strap ;) Camera in hand and always at the ready.

I bought a Luigi neck strap at the same time that I purchased my half case, but I soon found that in the hot and humid conditions in SE Asia that the red suede liner would bleed onto my shirts (making Mrs. Patterson none too happy).

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
+1 on RF UpStrap. It's not pretty but sticks like a limpet to your shoulder when you want it to.

The Domke cloth with rubber backing also works ok but doesn't quite match the abilities of the UpStrap.

borge

Gordy's neck and wrist strap.
I have a Lance strap as well but it's too thick. It's sort of in the way when I want to grip the camera.
The original Leica leather camera strap is OK as well (after you twist, stretch and abuse it for an hour). The one that ships with the MM that is. "Premium Leather Strap" or something Leica calls it, but it's still dirt-cheap compared to real leather straps. And it's far too short (I like wearing the camera bandolier style).

ramosa

i use luigi, both neck and wrist straps, but i have been tempted for a while by a gordy's wrist strap and a domke gripper neck strap. just temptations so far ...