The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Capture one supports Leica Monochrome?

borge

Not currently and who knows if they ever will.
At the moment only Adobe supports it.

But it should be a very straight forward camera to support. No need for interpolation and demosaicing at all, so I guess others will support it in the future as well.

jaapv

Subscriber Member
Adobe has mailed me that they are working on it; they cannot say when it will be implemented. I am pretty p****d off at C1 right now. I got a message that they had an update for C1 6.x Pro, so I hit the button update. That installed C1 7.0 :angry: which turns out to be a paid-for upgrade and no possibility to revert as 6.x has been removed from the website. I call that the dirty tricks department.:cussing:

V

Vivek

Adobe has mailed me that they are working on it; they cannot say when it will be implemented. I am pretty p****d off at C1 right now. I got a message that they had an update for C1 6.x Pro, so I hit the button update. That installed C1 7.0 :angry: which turns out to be a paid-for upgrade and no possibility to revert as 6.x has been removed from the website. I call that the dirty tricks department.:cussing:
Hope you will your old version back.

This is one of the reasons why I get software in boxes in a hardware (CDs).

jaapv

Subscriber Member
Jaap,

Any chance you can revert to the earlier version via Time Machine (Mac) etc?

Cheers,
Yeah - I have to figure out how to use Time Machine.:banghead:
I'm not in a hurry as I am shooting the Monochrom mainly at the moment, and they don't support it anyway.

Jaap,

I'd raise a ticket or ask on their forums. I've dealt with Phase for some time and even met their staff, I'd be really shocked if they try those tactics. Lack of support for the MM forcing me to use LR, which in turn complains when I edit in PS that ACR is not up to date, yet there's no update on CS5. It's all very annoying.

f 10

Jaap, the update has long been the best update that PhaseOne published.
An update is definitely worth.
The quality is much better.

M8 for a significant profit. That will not be any different for the M9.

You can test Pro7.0 60 days. Try it.

jaapv

Subscriber Member
Jaap, the update has long been the best update that PhaseOne published.
An update is definitely worth.
The quality is much better.

M8 for a significant profit. That will not be any different for the M9.

You can test Pro7.0 60 days. Try it.
Yep - sure. but I do very little color work at the moment. Most is the monochrom.

wattsie

I asked the question about 6 or so weeks ago through a support ticket and got a response to the effect that they don't comment on future products etc, but to watch this space. I'm still watching and hoping as I really like C1, particularly it's simple layout and ability to customise - but that's just a personal preference. They are probably due for an update shortly so let's hope there is support then. It's surprising that C1 and Apple have not been able to support his camera given its DNGs and the relative ease there should be in enabling support. :)

John Black

The pre-release M-240 DNGs are a mess, but post release M-240 DNGs seem okay. I only have a couple post-release M-240 DNGs, so my "testing" is pretty limited. Anyway, M-240 support is great news.