The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Anyone here using the Leica ME

Godfrey

Is expressing a preference different to making a "fuss"?:rolleyes:
I didn't make a dozen or more posts elaborating on how I thought the grey model didn't look good. That's a fuss.

I simply told the seller offering the camera that I decided I preferred a black model. That's expressing a preference.

rayyan

You guys mean this one?

Let me take a couple of pics and see if ' color ' matters.

I even put a red softie to ward off evil. Next would be a Green one, followed by a Blue one.

Sheesh!! Arguing about color. What color to wear for the prom night?

V

Vivek

Are all lenses have the yellow and white engraving or there are any variants out there?

borge

Are all lenses have the yellow and white engraving or there are any variants out there?
No you can get them with pink, blue or red but it costs $500 more.

Sorry, I just couldn't resist. All these fashion talk is having a bad influence on me I guess.

Anyway, as far as I know, all leica lenses has yellow and white engravings.

V

Vivek

Where is that $500 service? Sounds reasonable for the uniqueness one can get.

V

Vivek

Nail polishdoes not work. Have you seen the illustration how it is done in the factory? Tiny micro syringes are invoed and is hand painted.

scho

Yes. I'm not color centric or bling affected so the savings on the M-E was too much to resist. I haven't used an M for the past 3 years since selling my M8 so I have to get used to RF shooting again. Here is my new "gray ghost".

NB23

I LOVE the color. But I really dislike the silver chrome mix and match bits. Quite distasteful mix.

douglasf13

I am always surprised to read about photographers who don't care about what things look like, despite alleging to be visual artists. Frankly, I care about the way everything looks.

I think the finish of the M-E looks pretty nice in Scho's picture, althought I'm not sure about how I feel about the silver dials on top.

edwardkaraa

Yes. I'm not color centric or bling affected so the savings on the M-E was too much to resist. I haven't used an M for the past 3 years since selling my M8 so I have to get used to RF shooting again. Here is my new "gray ghost".
Beautiful camera. Doesn't look bluish like in Leica official shots. Is it how it looks like in reality? It seems to be just a tad darker than my steel grey M9.

scho

Beautiful camera. Doesn't look bluish like in Leica official shots. Is it how it looks like in reality? It seems to be just a tad darker than my steel grey M9.
Yes, pretty much a dark grey as shown above, but like most grey pigments things there can be some illuminant metamerism that alters the apparent color. I seem to be in a small minority that actually like the appearance of this camera.

edwardkaraa

Yes, pretty much a dark grey as shown above, but like most grey pigments things there can be some illuminant metamerism that alters the apparent color. I seem to be in a small minority that actually like the appearance of this camera.
I like it too, definitely more than steel grey.

Godfrey

Best photo I've seen of the M-E yet. It looks very nice.

I still prefer black, but I can't understand dissing the M-E on its finish color.

jonoslack

Hi there Carl
i think it looks lovely - really fine!
all the best