The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with Leica X1/X2

gilpen123

Thank you ceh and Moonshine for liking. I also am loving this little jewel. Colors and sharpness are just right, not clinically sharp which is the way I like it.

Paratom

These are my 1st snaps testing the Leica X2. I put a grip on it, an Olympus EVF and a street strap.

I just like the way leica manages to handle color. The images just look "right" for my taste.
The x1/x2 is fun to use IMO, great IQ and great user interface. I have felt a bit limited with 35mm only lately, but it is a classical focal length and if you like35mm I think the x2 is a great choice. I would probably even prefer the x2 over the rx1 because the x2 is more compact and sill delivers excellent iq.

ptomsu

Workshop Member
I just like the way leica manages to handle color. The images just look "right" for my taste.
The x1/x2 is fun to use IMO, great IQ and great user interface. I have felt a bit limited with 35mm only lately, but it is a classical focal length and if you like35mm I think the x2 is a great choice. I would probably even prefer the x2 over the rx1 because the x2 is more compact and sill delivers excellent iq.
After having seen the latest samples from the RX1 on Dpreview and compared to some other cameras, I only can say I would prefer the X2 - at least with the currently tested FW of the RX1. Although this should improve I would think with future FW versions.

gilpen123

Hi thanks I noticed you're from the Philippines. Yes it was sunset and the golden colors on the Kalesa looks real nice.

Godfrey

Leica X2
ISO 100 @ f/2.8 @ 1/30 sec

From yesterday, while on a walking tour of classic homes in Santa Clara, CA.

enjoy!

xdayv

these are really nice, how do you find the high-iso performance of the x2, what is the highest acceptable iso you have used?

thanks for sharing!

gilpen123

Thanks Gary, it's in Fort Santiago, Manila. Corregidor is also a nice picturesque place. I'll go there again one time and shoot with the X2.

Gary Clennan

Yes sir - I lived in Manila with my family for the last few years. Just came back to Canada in January this year. Lot's of great memories...

gilpen123

Great to know you've lived and experienced my country. As you know Christmas season here is quite exciting so lots of photo ops on the street.