The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Putting Faces to Names - (i.e. the Selfie thread)

Shashin

Not a frame from The Last Samurai, but a photo from My First (and Only) Wedding. That would have been 19 years ago come December 19th. Just 29 years old.

etrigan63

Not a frame from The Last Samurai, but a photo from My First (and Only) Wedding. That would have been 19 years ago come December 19th. Just 29 years old.
I wish my wife (of 18 years) would have let us do a shot like that (except that she is slightly taller than me).

Shashin

I wish my wife (of 18 years) would have let us do a shot like that (except that she is slightly taller than me).
You needed to be married at a Shinto shrine in Japan. That is what we were wearing for our marriage ceremony. While what I was wearing looks cool, it also prevents you from breathing or consuming food and drink, which can be a problem as in the ceremony you need to drink several cups of sake.

Lloyd

At the risk of scaring everyone away, here's my contribution:

On my cross-country trip this past September:

iPhone selfie; at a concert at Deer Valley:

Proof that I'm "bi-costal": with my mother at "our family beach", Natasket, circa 1953. And with my granddaughter, Huntington Beach this October:

Government issue: circa 1970:

With my brother, his wife (far right), their kids, my wife (in blue), and a friend, in front of the house we built in Mexico last December:

Me on the left, my mother and sister at my grandfather's farm, west of Boston, MA, circa 1954:

rayyan

Wonderful...

When I was young, we barely had food to eat; let alone cameras.:shocked:
So no pics of me are there from those times.

Thanks for sharing guys.

shtarka1

At the risk of scaring everyone away, here's my contribution:

Government issue: circa 1970:

Me on the left, my mother and sister at my grandfather's farm, west of Boston, MA, circa 1954:
LLoyd I Salute You :salute: & that last shot is Phenomenal!

shtarka1

Ashwin is right. I hardly have photographs of me. Since my wife and I have spent so much time in the mountains; here is one taken by her.

Chamonix. Mt. Blanc is towards you right.

My idea of a relaxing holiday.:D

My Friend!:thumbs:

jlm

Workshop Member
Lloyd:

i have a similar bike: 2005 Road King Custom, fitted with the same screen and lights