The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Putting Faces to Names - (i.e. the Selfie thread)

Lloyd

Steve: Too awesome, cuz!!

Steve: Great to see you... and the better half as well!

Maggie: The female Steve!!! :D

ashwinrao1

Steve, dude you are rrrrripppped! I wish I were a little bit taller, wish I was a .....most impressive, and great to see you.

Maggie, Great pic and great shirt!

Steve, nice seeing you again.......with the Wife this time too!

ashwinrao1

GetDPI members that I have gotten to know in person!

Or this one, featuring the inner nose hairs of yours truly, taken by another esteemed member... (with photo credit to yet another GetDPI'er)

][/IMG]

FYI I know a few more, but haven't posted photos of anyone whom hasn't already shown off their own mugs LOL..

Last edited:

shtarka1

LLoyd,Maggie,Graham,Ash.....Thanks!

Ash, You need to come back East & bring Jenn! We'll Tear Up The Town! :)

Shashin

And believe it or not, but some people find photographers threatening or intimidating. Would you refuse to have your picture taken by this guy? It is simply a matter of approach...

BTW, love the bandaid.

Last edited:

D&A

QUOTE]

Wow, I must have missed Ashwin's posting of Getdpi members he's photographed...all great shots!

As for the one directly above...I'm trying to make out exactly what Ashwin is doing? My four guesses are:

1. This is how he looks when comparing his exotic lenses on the MM...simply closes his eyes and attempts to focus and shoot "eyes closed" and then post the shots for us to compare the OOF areas and image characteristics...OR

2. He simply falls asleep at random times. It's hard spending 23 hrs a day keeping up with each lens shot at each aperture on each M mount body...OR

3. He's trying out for a bit part in an uncoming movie, looking to play the tough guy by simply saying "hand over that lens or else"! ....OR

4. He makes believe he's alseep (see that one eye slightly open?) and when you're not looking, takes one of his famous people portraits on his unsuspecting victims. Thats probably how he gets some of the most delightful candids he's been posting recently here and elsewhere. :) I opt for #4!

Dave (D&A)

Last edited:

dude163

My daughter took this of me after we set everything up with the tripod and flash

oh, she is FIVE years old :)

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
QUOTE]

Wow, I must have missed Ashwin's posting of Getdpi members he's photographed...all great shots!

As for the one directly above...I'm trying to make out exactly what Ashwin is doing? My four guesses are:

1. This is how he looks when comparing his exotic lenses on the MM...simply closes his eyes and attempts to focus and shoot "eyes closed" and then post the shots for us to compare the OOF areas and image characteristics...OR

2. He simply falls asleep at random times. It's hard spending 23 hrs a day keeping up with each lens shot at each aperture on each M mount body...OR

3. He's trying out for a bit part in an uncoming movie, looking to play the tough guy by simply saying "hand over that lens or else"! ....OR

4. He makes believe he's alseep (see that one eye slightly open?) and when you're not looking, takes one of his famous people portraits on his unsuspecting victims. Thats probably how he gets some of the most delightful candids he's been posting recently here and elsewhere. :) I opt for #4!

Dave (D&A)
#4 sounds very plausible although actually I believe that his eyes are spinning around behind the eyelids like a slot machine and when he opens them there's a kaching sound and they show which lens to mount and try next on his monochrom. :D

Godfrey

This remains a wonderfully entertaining thread. Such characters hereabouts!

Reviewing photos from a recent walk, I found a little corner of one exposure with a fun double-reflection self-portrait in it... Cropped the heck out of it and made this. It's about 1/6 or less of the total image captured.

G

ashwinrao1

LOL, Dave and Graham, too funny, but Graham's thoughts are fairly close to the truth...though Dave, you are too kind to offer up choice # 4, which is my goal ;)