The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Monochrom to cease?

thrice

The M-E's finish is less textured, more plasticy (though it isn't plastic). I think they went to mag alloy rather than brass for some elements, or so I was told...it feels different in hand, probably due to the paint job/materials used for the top/bottom plate.
Exact same metals used in the components of the M-E as the M9/M9P.

proenca

Few considerations :

- MM demand is really up there ; example, in Portugal, only 1 MM has been delivered. I know of at least 20 on pre order and at the very least a dozen with deposits paid;

- new Leica Portugal factory is nowhere to be finished, construction is getting back but is a bit offrails, or so I've heard / seen. the new M will be Leica next bread/butter for sure, so one thing that perhaps makes sense is to halt MM production for a bit and get that new M pumping. Halting MM all together doesnt make sense - at least to me. But then again, I'm not Leica :)

- ME production is at full speed. perhaps they are stockpiling so the new M takes all the production lines ?

- Leica has its own pace. Noctilux 0.95ASPH, they are still in demand and still they are done at Leica own pace - couple per month.