The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Woton Bag has anybody purchased and used

bab

I was wondering if anyone has purchased one of their bags and used it for a while and can comment as to whether it held up with medium use and was its layout with useful pockets. The bags look good in the dark lighting on the website but I have never seen one in person.

thanks

Safari | Wotancraft Atelier

JeffWarren

Great bag..i have the ranger and it works out just fine. The build is top of the line. (as good as Fogg or Billingham. The modle I have is also a wax wear version..so "some" rain will not hurt. The ranger holds (for me) 2 M bodies and 4 lenses....again the build is top of the line.

JeffWarren

In the bag...M9 w/24 1.4 & MM 35 w/1.4 (on top)...Cant see a 50 .95/ 75 1.4/90 2/ side pockets will hold SF 24 flash perfectly. Front pockets hold Filters etc..

StephenPatterson

Every time I've been to Hong Kong the Wotancraft distributor Annie Barton has always been sold out of the Safari, so I know it's a very popular bag. I have the Scout and a Ranger Lite, and both have been excellent. I've carried the Scout nearly every day for over a year and it's as good as new, except for scuffs and a bit of dirt. Patina, as the Italians say. The Ranger is new, and larger, but appears just as stout as the Scout.

bab

Re: Wotancraft Bag has anybody purchased and used

thanks I glad to here that, they promised me a new bag was coming out that was 6 months ago but I have yet to see the bag. I was hoping for a design with the ability to use it open in the street and hoping it had a slightly different design but I think I bite the bullet and order an existing one.

MCTuomey

Nice looking bags but that zipper closure on the inner bag turns me off - lots of chances for those teeth to scratch glass or other softer surfaces.

Double Negative

Not Available
They're not cheap, no. If the style works for you (I happen to like it) rest assured that it's a solid option. On par with a Billingham... Just a radically different approach. There's little information on either - but especially Wotancraft out there. They are relatively new.

For more conventional bags, check out Think Tank Photo or Lowe Pro. Crumpler also makes some nice stuff. One benefit of shooting an RF is we get to pick from the smaller, cheaper options. :)

iiiNelson

ONA makes really nice bags that offer another "luxury" option. The Union Street messenger bag is perfect for 2 M bodies with lens attached and 1-3 extra lenses depending on size, accessories in the zippered part plus an iPad in the back pouch if needed.

That being said the Ranger looks really good and I might consider that for my next rangefinder bag.

Last edited:

D&A

ONA makes really nice bags that offer another "luxury" option. The Union Street messenger bag is perfect for 2 M bodies with lens attached and 1-3 extra lenses depending on size, accessories in the zippered part plus an iPad in the back pouch if needed
+1! The Union Street messenger has recently become one of my new favorites and is exactly as described (above).

Of course there is no perfect bag, shoulder, backpack or whatever....otherwise we'd stop looking for new and different kinds of bags all the time and the manufacturers would then simply close up shop and call it a day :)

Dave (D&A)

iiiNelson

+1! The Union Street messenger has recently become one of my new favorites and is exactly as described (above).

Of course there is no perfect bag, shoulder, backpack or whatever....otherwise we'd stop looking for new and different kinds of bags all the time and the manufacturers would then simply close up shop and call it a day :)

Dave (D&A)
I agree and that's why I bought one earlier this year. It's just a great all around bag that's well constructed.

D&A

From what info I can gather, the Woton Ranger is a much larger bag then either the ONA Union Street or Billingham Hadley Pro, especially in terms of width. The Union Street is somewhat comparable to the Hadley Pro in size and function, with the possibility of it (the Union Street) being able to carry either an ipad or 13" and possibly a small 15" laptop. I feel only the ipad is reasonable with the Hadley Pro.

Dave (D&A)

D&A

From what info I can gather, the Woton Ranger is a much larger bag then either the ONA Union Street or Billingham Hadley Pro, especially in terms of width. The Union Street is somewhat comparable to the Hadley Pro in size and function, with the possibility of it (the Union Street) being able to carry either an ipad or 13" and possibly a small 15" laptop. I feel only the ipad is reasonable with the Hadley Pro.

Dave (D&A)
I should revise my comments to say the ONA Union Street bag can easily carry most 13" laptops, not "possibly" as I originally stated in my original post.

Dave (D&A)