The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

What would you take...

Double Negative

Not Available
My recent go to kit:

- Color Skopar 21mm f/4 LTM (it was tiny, but getting replaced with SEM)
- Summicron-M 28mm f/2 ASPH
- Summilux-M 50mm f/1.4 ASPH
- Elmarit-M 90mm f/2.8

Couldn't be happier. But I might replace the 28/50 with a 35 FLE. We'll see. Problem is, I love the 28 and 50 more than anything! :p

CharlesK

35 FLE and 50 Lux. These two have very different styles, and would cover just about every situation. The 75 Cron is great, but I would include this, if you were taking an additional lens.

rayyan

Thanks again guys.

It is the ' newcomer ' in my setup that is causing this indecision on my part.
With a M8, my staple was the cron 28, and the cron 75. No issue for me there.
The 50 would be thrown in just to keep them company, but rarely.

The 35 is super, but the 28 is just wow, and I feel sad to leave it behind. It just delivered. As does the 75.

Has the 50 become superfluous?. Love that too.

Regards.

Double Negative

Not Available
On the M8 I waffled between a 25 and 35 most. On the M9 I lean more towards 28 and 50.

As for the 28, yeah - it really does just deliver. The more I use it, the more I love it.

pgmj

This might be obvious, but if you liked 28 and 75 on the M8, then 35 and 90 would be similar on the M9. I like 28 and 50 on the M8, and plan on getting ZM35/2 and 75lux for use on a future M9, so answering your question would be 35+75. If only one lens, I like the 50.