The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Igor's Camera Exchange- good or bad experience?

ashwinrao1

Hi all,
I was curious about your experience with Igor's Camera Exchange: Igor's Camera Exchange: Film Cameras, used photographic equipment, Large Format, Leica, Nikon, Canon, Hasselblad, Binoculars, Linhof, Medium Format, Motion Picture Equipment, Hasselblad Lenses and Accessories, Minox, Alpa, Rolleiflex, 3D cameras

I recently have tried to call Igor 3 times over 2 weeks to inquire about a lens listed as in-stock. He never returned my calls or my email. Then I just saw that the lens had gone unlisted (either sold or taken off the list). About a year back, I had a much more positive interaction, reaching Igor after 2 phone calls.

The site lists a lot of interesting gear, particularly Leica and other RF lenses, at reasonable prices (for the most part). My google search has revealed that some people feel that he is overly optimistic about the condition of his gear, and others seem to be quite satisfied.

This recent experience has lead me to feel a bit slighted and miffed, but I don't want to overly judge the guy if he's got other stuff to deal with than a persistent inquiry into a lens (though, gosh, it is his business, right)

fotophil

Although I haven't used Igor recently, I have made numerous purchases for him over the past 10 years or so. At the time he had lots of Pentax medium format lenses as well large format stuff. He was on the road a lot so he didn't always answer E-mails quickly. I generally used the telephone to contact him. I have had very good buying experiences with him.

DDudenbostel

No real problems. He is a bit slow to respond at times though. I bought a few things and the condition ratings were honest.

darr

I bought a hard-to-find Hasselblad item from Igor about a year ago and it was in the condition he described (LN). As DDudenbostel posted above, I needed to have a little bit of patience as Igor was in the process of moving at the time, but within 3-4 days he called me back and the purchase went smoothly from there. I would purchase again from him.

MCTuomey

I purchased a lens from Igor a couple of years ago. It had an issue, which I communicated to Igor, and he took the lens back without any hesitation. I'd deal with him again, sure.

seakayaker

Year ago or so I made an inquiry to Igor and it took about a week for a response. The item I inquired about was sold during the time of my inquiry. He does usually have a robust selection of used camera equipment.

I would not hesitate to buy from him since he appears to a well established site that has been in business for a long time.

JMHO

thrice

I bought a "mint-" lens that arrived having 3 scratches on the rear element.
I wouldn't buy from Igor again unless I could inspect the gear.

jaybob20

I bought a Noblex 150 UX from Igor, said it was CLA. Well it has a light leak. He had me send it to his tech (Kyong W. Kim) and said it was between me and the tech to work things out!?!?!? Tech told me I didn't know how to load film, so I sent him some negs showing the leak. Then the tech sent me back the camera saying the leaks had been fixed, they were not. Now no reply from the tech or Igor. Will not do business again.

gogopix

Subscriber
Igor had a rep for better quality used, and charged a bit more. I've gotten some good, clean lenses from him and a few odd products, like older Leica lens focus sections etc.
On the experience with a lens not as advertised, the best is to ask him to take it back. It is difficult to inspect every item closely when you are in the business.
I would deal with him again.

regards
Victor

Leigh

I've bought a few things from Igor. Always as described and never a problem.

I would expect him to accept a return if there was a problem, but that's never happened to me.

He's a typical Russian. No Mr. Congeniality award. But I'm after a lens, not a friend.

I would deal with him again.

- Leigh

Geoff

I've bought two lenses from him, one for a Rollei and another well priced large format lens. Both were without problem. As above, not the warmest fellow, and doesn't do well with email, but he responds just fine on the phone. I would gladly deal with him again.

Fleica

I just bought a rare focorapid for visoflex system. He answered all my questions and the condition and function is excellent. His prices are very competitive.

He takes longer than most folks to get around to shipping things, but they've arrived as described.

I bought a LNIB S3 2000 from him and have had some trouble with it – but through no fault of his.

Kirk

kinglang

Not very honest. I wanted to buy something from him twice, and when I contacted him via email and said that the wrong price was posted, the price immediately increased.

Last edited:

SimonW

Administrator
Staff member
不是很诚实。我想两次从他那里买东西,当我通过电子邮件联系他,说发布了错误的价格后,价格就立刻提高了。

Just so people know as some people reported it as spam the message according to google translate says

Not very honest. I wanted to buy something from him twice, and when I contacted him via email and said that the wrong price was posted, the price immediately increased.

That's obviously not spam. So I'm leaving it unless Olaf wants to remove it for not being in English

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member
Thanks, Simon. What was suspicious to me was posting to a seven year old thread. Apologies to kinglang.

gnuyork

I cannot recall what it was (something to do with Hasselblad) but I received an item that was mis represented (likley not purposefully). He took the purchase back without question and refunded my money. Good communication with him. No issues.

Edit: Oh yeah, it was a A12 back... it did not have a matching serial magazine.