Site Sponsors

Thread: Is using an M for paid work viable?

Post Thanks / Like

Is using an M for paid work viable?

Hi all

Im now officially retired ( at 47!) and I need to do something to fill the time when the kids are in school.

Ive always wanted to do portraits and such in photography but never had the time, well now I do.

My question is this: Does anyone use a leica M for paid work? Im not going to be shooting for the NY Post or Time magazine, just my normal candid and as flattering as possible shots and hopefully some nature stuff in there also .

Right now all I have is a M8 with my cron 50 , summaron 35 , elmar 90 , and elmarit 135 ( all wonky vintage lenses I know) and I just wanted to touch base with you all

thanks for all the encouragement in previous posts BTW it meant a lot!

cheers

Robert

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Is using an M for paid work viable?

Robert,

Retired at 48 and the kids are in school? Might be time to have more kids!!! Just kidding. The set up sounds fine to me. Some will say yes, others no. You lose nothing by trying it. I think most people want a great finished product and really don't care about anything else.

One of the guys who lurks and contributes on this and other fora, shot my wedding almost 9 years ago. I asked him to take the majority of the shots with his Leica film cameras. He obliged but I know he used digital as well. One of our favorite shots was shot with a digital camera. I won't give out his name but he is an amazing photographer. Even better, he used his own miles to fly to Florida.

Anyway, give it a shot. You have nothing to lose and since your time is your own, you will probably succeed where others did not. Good luck.

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Hi Robert
    Good luck with the venture.
    I've done paid work with both the M8 and the M9 . . . Not much use for sports, but otherwise it's fine. I can see the argument for getting an M9, but those lenses ought to be fine.

Good Luck

Just this guy you know

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

I think it may be the thing that sets you apart if you use it to your advantage. I wish you the best of luck!
    David Young
    My journey into Leica: LeicaLux.com

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Congratulations on your retirement!

Don't make the commonest mistake of every photographer considering starting a business venture. Your equipment is fine.

Concentrate on quality images, not image quality, and your clients will be delighted. Start by doing the work you're already comfortable with using the equipment that you're already successful with. Buy new equipment when you want it, because you want it, or if you take up a new kind of work that requires different features or capabilities.
    Last edited by Godfrey; 21st December 2012 at 10:07.
    Godfrey - GDGPhoto Flickr Stream
    Likes 6 Member(s) liked this post

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

I would think it is all about the location.

Is it more profitable to open up a little grocery shop for a living or hoping for paid work with extraordinarily limited gear- only you can decide.

PS: No one would give a rat's a$$ if an image was obtained using Leica M camera or a P&S digicam.*

* Except some Leica nuts, of course.

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Whether you get paid for your work has nothing to do with your camera, it is whether you are able to make a business. Success in professional photography has little to do with gear and talent.
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks all, Ive done some work that got me some cash in my pocket so thats what Ill continue doing, the disadvantage for me is: If I make too much extra money then it gets subtracted from my disability pension

Ill just keep taking photos for fun and enjoyment and if some people want work done for $$$ then Im all for it,

cheers

Robert

Post Thanks / Like

Leicatom over at the RFF has some great stuff too
    http://dude163.blogspot.com/

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by dude163 View Post
    Thanks all, Ive done some work that got me some cash in my pocket so thats what Ill continue doing, the disadvantage for me is: If I make too much extra money then it gets subtracted from my disability pension

Ill just keep taking photos for fun and enjoyment and if some people want work done for $$$ then Im all for it,

cheers

Robert
    Well, the greatest thing about being an artist is no one cares if you work for nothing...

Post Thanks / Like

Back when I shot for metro newspapers in the US all my wide shots were with a Leica M6 and MP. Canon's were used for anything longer than 50mm.

Post Thanks / Like

Let me make a suggestion you didn't ask for. I do not do work for individuals but have been a commercial photographer for almost forty six years doing only corporate work.

If you're going to start working for pay get a business license and set yourself up as an official business. Ok you might say I'm not going to do much work but think of it this way. If you set up a business you collect taxes for your city, county and state which goes into the school system, the roads, police, libraries and etc. The money you collect helps provide funds for education and to support the community. As a professional I see too many "photographers" operating out of the trunk of their car and working without collecting and paying taxes back into the community. This hurts your kids education and other services you want and depend on. Not only the above but it's hardly fair to the professionals that have dedicated their lives to the industry, doing it legal and depend on the income to support their families. The playing field should be level in my opinion. The net result of part time "pros" without licenses and paying taxes and working for pennies has resulted in the death of a once great industry by ten thousand cuts.

Do the community, your kids and the profession a favor and get a license and collect and pay the taxes due to the community. Price your work relative to the market not under cut everyone and think you're making a killing. this is one of the biggest mistakes a startup can make. You my think you're making a killing at $35/hr but most likely you're losing money. When you're in business every penny that goes into getting you to the job and back, a portion of your utilities, equipment purchased, repairs, insurance on gear, depreciation and wear on your car, tires, your tax preparer and etc are all part of the cost of doing business. You say I have the gear or I have to pay insurance anyway but it's still part of the cost of doing business and you'll need additional gear, repairs, and other unseen costs.

Also consider if you get caught by the state tax folks you're in deep you know what. My ex assistant got caught because he invoiced a client and didn't charge tax and the client was audited by the state tax folks. the came direct to my friend and let me tell you it was thousands of dollars in interest and penalties. I know several other designers and photographers that have been caught and it cost them in the five digits to settle and in each case the taxes not collected were under a thousand dollars. Times are so tight in the industry in my state that the professional organizations have launched a campaign to turn these folks int the state revenue department and are doing so. Your chances of getting caught are quite high now and it's not worth the risk IMO.

As to your question, I do shoot executive portraits for a couple of clients. I have shot with my M9 but really found it unsuitable in my opinion. I much prefer my Nikon D800 or Hasselblad digital. Framing is too inaccurate with the M cameras and seeing precise framing and a larger image in the VF is a real advantage. 10MP will be a big disadvantage too if you get an order for a large print. Also I find rendition of the M9 for portraits to be less pleasing then the CMOS of the Nikon, YMMV. The CCD in the Hasselblad renders skin much nicer than either. I might note too that I custom profile each camera for each lighting condition.

Hope you don't take offense but this is just my take as a long time pro that's seen the decay of the industry by exactly what you're about to do. Do it legal or don't do it.
    Likes 5 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DDudenbostel View Post
    Do it legal or don't do it.

Thanks!

Robert

Post Thanks / Like

The problem with the M8/M9 in the studio, stopped down under decent lights is that you'll have issues with moiré on synthetic fibres; it's pretty bad actually and leads to a lot of post. Apart from that there are some very fine pros around using M's. You might not want it to be your only camera unless you are hired for a specific look that you've made your own with M's. But if you're retired, why put yourself through the trauma of commercial work!! Better to be an amateur and use this time to do what you love most. Many people work, retire with big plans to do stuff and die within a couple of years, missing the opportunity to have enjoyed their passion when much younger.

Post Thanks / Like

Build a portfolio of fine art photographs and work to get into a gallery. Enter competitions and build your resume. It's much more rewarding to sell art then to be in the for hire world. I'm in six or seven galleries with some of my work and branched into another totally different and now in galleries with and museums as well. I sell a good bit of work now and plan to retire in two years to do nothing but the art.

When going commercial the dynamic of photography changes when money comes into the equation. It's a fast way to ruin a fun hobby. When your work is in galleries it's totally different than the commercial world and remains fun.

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Hope you don't take offense but this is just my take as a long time pro that's seen the decay of the industry by exactly what you're about to do. Do it legal or don't do it.
    Points are well taken. I did it all legal too.

BUT, you don't have to go whole hog either, as a side business. To me it sounded like Robert was most interested in making a little money as supplemental to his retirement income, not in establishing a full-time career business. That lightens up the accounting, the tax payments, etc. Depending on where he lives, a little study of the tax code will tell what are the minimum requirements for making payments, etc. If you're not meeting those minimums, you can aggregate all of the income from a hobby business and put it on your annual personal income tax rather than have to do the full business accounting number.

It's all a matter of whatever your intent is, and then following the rules appropriately. No reason to do full-time business accounting work if you're not a full-time business.

G

Post Thanks / Like

Godfrey thats exactly what I meant .

Im always the default "photo guy" at parties and gatherings etc because everyone knows I have the * funky German camera* so Im taking shots anyway .

But sometimes someone says , hey you took nice shots of my kids at the Xmas party , can you take a few in the park/playground/garden etc and Ill pay you for your time. SO of course the answer is " Sure!" the tax laws here are that I can generate up to 10,000 and not have to register as a business ( maybe 9,999 and 10k is the cutoff , I dunno) .

I believe its to cover things like reselling old cars, items of high value etc etc

I wasnt planning on going into commercial work, after getting too stressed out to perform Air Traffic Control, the last thing I need is to do weddings! now that's stressful!

Another thing Ive noticed is that people who pay, pay for results, they dont care what you used as long as their pictures came out nice

thanks again for the input all, lots to think about!

Post Thanks / Like

Build a portfolio of fine art photographs and work to get into a gallery. Enter competitions and build your resume. It's much more rewarding to sell art then to be in the for hire world. I'm in six or seven galleries with some of my work and branched into another totally different and now in galleries with and museums as well. I sell a good bit of work now and plan to retire in two years to do nothing but the art.

When going commercial the dynamic of photography changes when money comes into the equation. It's a fast way to ruin a fun hobby. When your work is in galleries it's totally different than the commercial world and remains fun.
    Now that sounds like something Id like to do!

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Now that sounds like something Id like to do!
    Indeed! It's the fun part of being a fine art photographer. :-)

G

Post Thanks / Like

When I refer to commercial I mean pay work.

Yes the art world is much more enjoyable. It does have its moments but it's generally fun. Openings for a new show make your head buzzzzz and you're pulled from one group to another with customers anxious to talk about your art. It's definitely a high.

The downside is even being in a gallery it's a business and has to be handled as so. My wife was a creative director for a retail clothing chain when I met her. After we were married she quit her job to paint full time. As a longtime business man I told her its either a hobby or a business. She decided to make it a business and is in several very fine galleries and doing quite well. Her work is in private and corporate collections around the world and even in the Yale special collections. The downside of art as a business is the expectations of the gallery and customers to produce new work. My wife's work is in high demand and stats booked on shows four years in advance plus galleries wanting additional work between shows. For her it's a full time job five days a week and often six days.

If you become successfully there is pressure but different than your old ATC job. Handle the stress right and it becomes a high not a low point.

The best of luck in your new venture.
    Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Robert,
    Here is an idea: try micro stock. You might like it. You can shoot what ever you want
    /like and earn some $$ with it... No weddings, screaming kids at parties etc... I have been doing micro stock with M8 and M9 for years with great success...

Post Thanks / Like

What are the best sites to use?

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

The other side to the gallery thing which can be a problem when you are starting is framing and printing is not cheap. One or two prints are OK, but if you have to fill an entire gallery, it is really expensive.

Subscriber Member Jorgen Udvang's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

What are the best sites to use?
    Shutterstock.com is the best at the moment, by quite a big margin, but nobody knows what the world will look like tomorrow. Just be aware that there aren't much more than pennies in it until you pass 500 or 1,000 good quality images.

Be aware also that microstock isn't for everyone. You have to accept that what you thought was a great, artistic image won't even be accepted, while something boring run-of-the mill might sell by the hundreds or more.
    Last edited by Jorgen Udvang; 23rd December 2012 at 20:08.
    Things I sell: https://www.shutterstock.com/g/epixx?language=en

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Shashin View Post
    The other side to the gallery thing which can be a problem when you are starting is framing and printing is not cheap. One or two prints are OK, but if you have to fill an entire gallery, it is really expensive.
    +1

I made the expense manageable by doing the framing work myself.

Administrator, Instructor Guy Mancuso's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

For the limited amount of commercial style of work you plan on doing sure you can stay within the limitations of the system. For me I tried for about a year with 2 M8 and a lot of glass but I shoot a very diverse set of commercial work and found the system had some limitations that made it effectively too much of a problem. But I work on many things that require speed both in functionality and abilities. Also end of day as much as I like a rangefinder it is hard to live without a OVF of a DLSR style. But I have always said this when I retire I want the latest M system. From a business POV for me, it just simply comes up short. Again I do commercial photography with a lot of variety so its more difficult. If you specialize more than its easier to work within certain systems. Obviously like sports that requires a different set of issues to deal with than maybe another system maybe best. Myself I just do too much diverse work that makes cameras buys much harder to deal with. But remember also you can rent systems when needed which I will do on occasion.

I will say though your are better off with a M9 than a M8 as colors even with the IR filter can still be off and problematic. Besides that nice improvements on the M9 that are better overall going for commercial work. I do like the M9 much better and shot a couple jobs with one with nice results and found it much easier to work with. It's been awhile so can't remember all the reasons but I do remember it was a easier task with the M9

Also you HAVE to take into account reliability ,backups and service, support as just as important as a favorite lens. Now your on the hook to come home with the goods and you cannot fail PERIOD. Doing commercial work and trust me on this one is both rewarding and fun BUT its also work. Don't lose sight of that. Be a responsible Pro. I wish the weekend warrior wedding shooters would take note of this comment. Honestly I get sick to my stomach reading what some of them are doing in the field.
    Photography is all about experimentation and without it you will never learn art.

www.guymancusophotography.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Guy Mancuso View Post
    Be a responsible Pro. I wish the weekend warrior wedding shooters would take note of this comment. Honestly I get sick to my stomach reading what some of them are doing in the field.

I agree Guy, thanks for the input.

An acquaintance of mine bought a Canon Rebel XS a few years ago and was advertising weddings for 250 $ Kit lens and all. I asked her if she had a backup camera body her reply was

" why, its brand new and under warranty"

Then I mentioned " well I was more thinking if the camera broke and they CANNOT reschedule their wedding day when you get the warranty replacement"

" But its new , its not going to break"

GAH! even as a semi weekend warrior I still realise that not everyone with a DSLR can be a pro, despite the Kijiji ads that say otherwise

Post Thanks / Like

Robert. Don't whatever you do outlay money now, use the gear you have and see the feedback from your customers and work some time before making the leap to more gear.
    I think the equipment you have is just good enough unless you are going to make gigantic prints (even then upscaling can be done with the right software...).
    I wish you lots of success in this venture

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

I agree Guy, thanks for the input.

An acquaintance of mine bought a Canon Rebel XS a few years ago and was advertising weddings for 250 $ Kit lens and all. I asked her if she had a backup camera body her reply was

" why, its brand new and under warranty"

Then I mentioned " well I was more thinking if the camera broke and they CANNOT reschedule their wedding day when you get the warranty replacement"

" But its new , its not going to break"

GAH! even as a semi weekend warrior I still realise that not everyone with a DSLR can be a pro, despite the Kijiji ads that say otherwise
    There's a serious lesson the weekend warriors need to know. As a photographer working for pay you are responsible to deliver per the requirements of your customer. If you botch the job or fall short you can wind up in court. I personally know a very competent a very experienced pro who botched a wedding. He was taken to court and forced to pay to fly family across the country to restate the wedding. It almost destroyed him financially. You accept money for work and you assume the liability if you fail.

Guys correct, we shoot very similar kinds of assignments and it may look glamorous but it's still work. I enjoy my work most days but I understand the responsibility I have as a professional.

Administrator, Instructor Guy Mancuso's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

I do want to add that I am not discouraging anyone not to take the step into the commercial world but I feel also its my duty as a experienced Pro to help and guide folks to basically uphold the law of being a Pro. It's not a law but a responsibility in your craft. This is serious business and YES you are under a work for hire contract and legally responsible to your client. So YES you can get sued and I know a lot of stories that this has happened and a huge percentage is weddings. Back in my very early days a friend got sued so bad money wise they redid the whole wedding overseas and he was sued for most of the wedding. He went out of business. Think about joining photo association or at least get familiar with contracts and typical business stuff. End of day you are running a business. Bottom line you sold out for pay. I accepted that fact very early on even though I am a artist, I am also a business man. Usually we are not the greatest business folks but great shooters so look for help on things we may lack.
    Photography is all about experimentation and without it you will never learn art.

www.guymancusophotography.com

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

I am a self confessed "Leica Nut", as Vivek calls it. I've used a M camera for all of my adult life, so really know what rangefinders can and cannot do. As a result, I am VERY fast with a M camera, but also know the limitations.

I currently use a M9 and MM for some paying work. Before that I used a pair of M8s. Before that a pair of M7s, etc. etc. Note that I said "Some paying work" and "Pair of Ms". More about that later.

IMO, if you take up work for pay, the driver is the work, not the gear. The work you want to do for someone else should determine what gear will be employed, not the other way around.

While we all have a love for certain favorite tools, you have to rationally detach yourself from that and evaluate real world needs in order to increase your chances for success ... not necessarily financial success ... success in delivering what is expected and agreed upon between you and anyone who hires you ... no matter how much money is involved. A $100 portrait client, or $500 wedding client, or small businessman with a tiny budget, can be just as demanding as those willing to pay 10 times that much ... often even more so. Trust me on this.

Shooting candids and portraits with a "funky German camera" as a bystander is one thing, shooting them as a contracted photographer is another. The whole dynamic changes. As a bystander, you can fail and no one knows it. As a pro, failure or falling short of expectations, is not an option ... fail and everyone knows it.

Many enthusiasts are taking up work for pay these days. Work for pay provides purpose and some income. Typically they cycle through friends, acquaintances, and relatives like a freshman insurance salesperson, then the rubber meets the road. Now you are dealing with people who do not know you. It doesn't matter what area of photography you go after ... you will now be dealing with "word-of-mouth" endorsements or detractors. In the age of the internet, that happens in a blink of an eye.

Base Requirements:

Two of everything. I do not know one single professional photographer that leaves for any job with one camera. Often they have three. I once hired a photographer that brought three cameras to a shoot, and all three failed. I never considered him for another job again ... be it poor maintenance of his gear, or monumental bad luck, it didn't matter.

A written contractual agreement for EVERY paying job regardless of size. While it is important to state what will be delivered, when and where, it is equally important to cover what happens if it all goes south on you. This allows hashing out everything with a client BEFORE, not AFTER a shoot.

Business Insurance: Many weekend warriors work without a net even though our society is rife with litigious people. Smiles one minute, letters from lawyers and threats the next. Photography is a highly subjective area of work, and the web is crammed with cries for help from weekend warriors being dissed or sued ... the public can be fickle, they have stars in their eyes when hiring you based on your very best work, and never look at the whole body of work on average thinking this is what they will really get. Plus some will threaten to diss you just to get free stuff, or a price reduction.

Also, be aware that home-owners coverage of gear, even with a line listed rider, evaporates the minute you take a dollar for shooting. Photographer associations are a good source for the proper type of insurance.

Incorporate. (related to the above insurance). Forming a LLC is fairly simple (Legal Zoom does them), and may involve paying an annual registration fee to your state government ... mine is $25. This is one way to separate your personal possessions from your company's assets should something go terribly wrong ... something as simple as portrait session where there is an accident can trigger the end of everything you and your family own.

Gear Choices: While there are those who do use a M camera for paying work, even a few I know who do commercial level work with Ms, none of them only have one. Using a M involves over-coming obstacles that do not exist with other forms of cameras. These obstacles often clash with client expectations. Clients don't know these limitations, and can suddenly ask for more than you and/or the camera is capable of. Although I could be considered an expert with a M, I always have a modern DSLR with me. Gun to head, and forced to choose, I would select the DSLR first for paying work ... I owe it to my clients to deliver without limitations due to my gear.

Still want to go pro?

-Marc
    Likes 5 Member(s) liked this post

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like

+1 to everything Marc wrote above. We'd all like to use the gear for a paying job that above all else excites us and sparks a sort of "je ne sais quoi" but the reality is when it comes to getting the job done, done well and done right, especially when there are no second chances, it's always best to rely on the tried and true and what is likely to yield the best success first time around. As Marc expressed, it's often the DSLR thats at the front lines.

Thats not to say when the right circumstances arrive and there is both time and opportunity to incorporate other cameras and equipment in a particular shoot that will contribute in some way to enhance what you offer to your paying client, that you shouldn't avail yourself to this. If anything it can often strengthen your final product, but be careful to not loose sight what objectives first and foremost must be reached. The rest then is icing on the cake.

Dave (D&A)

Post Thanks / Like

I think you guys misunderstood what my intent was here , I appreciate the advice though!

All I wanted to know was if I take nature shots or the odd portrait , is a M camera a viable option for that I know the trials and tribulations of running a business and the pressures of doing weddings and having backup gear .

Ill be taking shots of friends and family like I always have done and get renumeration for printing them off . I may branch out into portraiture , if I do Il take all of the info to heart and see what happens.

Im getting paid quite well to be an amateur photographer , so there isnt any pressure on me to make any $$$

Post Thanks / Like

And that is why if you like shooting with (rangefinder) Leica, stick with it...
    You will be just fine...
    It is all about the style of shooting you do. I got rid of majority of my DSLR system for that reason. Kept only 5D. MKII for video capabilities and the fact that I have a couple of Zeiss Contax glass that I use for architecture and interiors... All high speed primes and huge zooms are gone... I am expending my M kit, and planning to get new M next summer (after all beta testers finish...).
    I came to conclusion that what I do, at the moment can be done with Leica M. And sure, it is much more fun (for me) to shoot with M than any DSLR...

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

All I wanted to know was if I take nature shots or the odd portrait , is a M camera a viable option for that

Robert: How long have you been using your M8? By now you should know the answer to that.

The suggestions/cautions coming from the heavyweights, in particular, is well intended and whether it addresses your needs per se or not, makes the thread very rich.

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Haven't read much of the thread....but quick answer is yes... In my experience, the M system has been great for weddings...

Here are a few examples from a happy couple that I photographed about 1.5 years ago...

Ashwin Rao
    Seattle, WA
    My Photography

Post Thanks / Like

Vivek: Oh yes, I agree, there is a LOT of great advice here , I wish Id read this 20 years ago to be honest!

Ash, nice! what lenses were you using for this?

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Vivek: Oh yes, I agree, there is a LOT of great advice here , I wish Id read this 20 years ago to be honest!

Ash, nice! what lenses were you using for this?
    35 FLE and Noct 0.95
    Ashwin Rao
    Seattle, WA
    My Photography

Post Thanks / Like

Ha! Ash, that's just not fair.

Marc hit the most important aspect of your question.

It doesn't matter if you're using a Holga or an M with a Noctilux. If you are being paid to take a picture (which is ENTIRELY DIFFERENT than selling an image) get insurance and whatever Canada's version of an LLC is.

Reason being, say you're photographing a ballerina for contract. You ask her to step to her left and she turns an ankle. Seems innocuous enough. Then you hear from her attorney and she's sueing you for damages. You have no insurance or a corporate protection shell.

You could quickly find your disability pay gone, along with your home.

Purely hypothetical, but not impossible.

Notice, I said noting about an M. I use an M along side my Nikon gear for commercial, portrait and wedding work.
    http://jasonedwardphoto.com http://jasonmuelver.tumblr.com
    Nikon FX, Leica M8, Mamiya 645, Canon F-1

Post Thanks / Like

I have seen many paid photographers doing portrait type work with a digital M. It is a capable tool which can produce stunning results in the right hands. I would also second the suggestions to start with your current setup and see where it takes you. You will likely upgrade a few lenses and perhaps switch to an M9 - who really knows. Keep in mind that some of these older lenses can limit your results and/or flexibility in certain situations. Sure you can get away with them but there may (or may not) be better options available for a little extra cash. Above all, take your time and don't rush out and buy a ton of gear right away...

Post Thanks / Like

Imjustglad I live in Canada where everyone isnt sue happy

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

I'd say "ask Sarah Lee," but this thread is already practically an advertisement....
    My Blog | Music | flickr

Post Thanks / Like

Imjustglad I live in Canada where everyone isnt sue happy
    True but it still happens here more than you would think. unfortunately, it also happens when you least expect it...

Post Thanks / Like

Fwiw, I do risk management professionally. Whatever you do next, purchase business (commercial) liability insurance if you get paid for any of your work, no matter how little or where or how. Listen to the professionals like Marc and Guy who've been in the business for years and seen the adversarial side.
    Last edited by MCTuomey; 3rd January 2013 at 15:57.

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

The only thing that gets my M9-P out of my house is the insurance policy I bought for it.

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Maggie O View Post
    I'd say "ask Sarah Lee," but this thread is already practically an advertisement....
    That comment just completed the rest of my smile... The Whisky started it.
    Sony Visible Light & IR Photographer
    http://www.iiinelsonimages.com