The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Old lenses on new Leicas

cam

Any views on the 21mm Super-angulon f4.0 for digital B&W. I'm aware of the color shift issue which shouldn't affect my MM. Is there any evidence of "smearing" - another artifact associated with non-retrofocus very wides?

They've gotten expensive on eBay.
Woody, i've got a 21/3.4 SA that i can try out for you if you want.

dude163

1964 cron on a M8

1952 Summaron 35 3,5

1958 Elmar at iso 2500!

1973 Elmarit 135 ( My new lens :p)

1968 KMZ Jupiter 8

Godfrey

Hmm. My Hektor 135/4.5 qualifies, and soon the two M-Rokkors will too. I better pull out the Hektor and make some photos. :)

V

Vivek

Hmm. My Hektor 135/4.5 qualifies, and soon the two M-Rokkors will too. I better pull out the Hektor and make some photos. :)
I look forward to them. :)

["Old lenses" and not recycled pictures.]

cam

Please post (no need to "try" what can go wrong? :) ) plus pictures with every other lens you have. :D
will do, Vivek... the "try" comment was going to be blamed on the rain (but it's been sunny) -- the truth is i messed up my knee and am somewhat lame right now. each day a bit better, so i hope to be hobbling around with the camera soon. i'm think one day, one lens sort of thing... care to bring down some of your goodies and join me?

(and what was that about a 90mm Noctilux you mentioned in the other thread???)

Thanks. Take some exposures and post them. With an MM if you've got it; converted to B&W but no cornerfix if you don't.
will do. i anticipate it vignetting as it does on my M2... lovely razor sharp little lens, though, that has been languishing. i think it will zing on the MM.

V

Vivek

Here is my grand plan, Cam.

1. Convert my Fujinon 50/1.2 to m mount to use on the (future) MM.

2. Put the Wild Heerbrugg Reconar 98mm f/1 in some focus mount to use on the (distant future) M.

The first one is a real prospect and could happen fairly quickly.

Sorry to hear about knee. Hope you will recover soon.

The comment about "what can go wrong" had some reason. Those who do not know about the old super angulon do not know how far that sticks in to the mount and how careful one has to be to use it. ;)

I am still looking forward to your MM pictures. :)

Godfrey

Originally Posted by Godfrey
I look forward to them. :)

["Old lenses" and not recycled pictures.]
Not sure I understand the "'Old lenses' and not recycled pictures." bit there, Vivek.

V

Vivek

Hi Godfrey, I would only have old pictures to offer (from film) and not new pictures with old lenses like you said you would post (which is in line with what Woody intended, perhaps). Hope that clarifies. :)

cam

Here is my grand plan, Cam.

1. Convert my Fujinon 50/1.2 to m mount to use on the (future) MM.

2. Put the Wild Heerbrugg Reconar 98mm f/1 in some focus mount to use on the (distant future) M.

The first one is a real prospect and could happen fairly quickly.

The comment about "what can go wrong" had some reason. Those who do not know about the old super angulon do not know how far that sticks in to the mount and how careful one has to be to use it. ;)
yum to your lenses!

as to the deep mount -- yes, i know. i've used it, very carefully, on the R-D1 and the M8... finally picked up a nifty Leica 21mm VF for a song at a show here and was looking forward to playing with it on the M9 -- but now i have something better :D

as an FYI to anyone thinking about using it on a digital M, along with having to place it delicately, it also does not not meter. all settings must be manual.

Godfrey

Hi Godfrey, I would only have old pictures to offer (from film) and not new pictures with old lenses like you said you would post (which is in line with what Woody intended, perhaps). Hope that clarifies. :)
Oh. Well, old pictures from film days wouldn't be "Old lenses on new Leicas" unless a new MP or M7 was included there. ;-)

I assumed that Woody was looking to see what old lenses on the M9, M8, MM and upcoming new M would create.