The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Old lenses on new Leicas

seakayaker

Summer Days ~ International Fountain ~ Seattle Center

. . .

Going Home ~ Fish Ladder ~ Ballard Locks ~ Seattle, WA

M6TTL ~ Ernst Leitz Wetzler Summitar 5cm f/2

Lens from 1951

seakayaker

Tentacles ~ Ballard Locks ~ Seattle, WA

M/V Maris Pearl ~ Large Lock ~ Ballard Locks ~ Seattle, WA

M6TTL ~ Ernst Leitz GmbH Wetzler 3.5cm f3.5

Lens from 1953

Last edited:

ashwinrao1

1950's era Nikkor P.C. 10.5 cm f/2.5 LTM on the M9-P (a cool old, longer sonnar design with a look all of its own). I snagged the lens for use on the MM, but it does quite well on the M9 as well...

One the MM, to give a sense of the OOF properties wide open...as that Sonnar creaminess...

I

IEDEI

this is my mid-1950s Chiyoda Kogaku (pre-Minolta) Super Rokkor 50mm F1.8 used with my Leica M8.1 (M8u) Probably my favourite lens i own! (yes, i like it even more than my 50mm Summilux)

Double Negative

Not Available
These are all samples from the Zeiss C Sonnar T* 1,5/50 ZM:

M9, ISO 160, 1/1000s @ f/2.8:

M9, ISO 160, 1/60s @ f/5.6:

M9, ISO 160, 1/180s @ f/2.8:

M9, ISO 800, 1/2s @ f/1.5:

M9, ISO 160, 1/1000s @ f/1.5:

M9, ISO 160, 1/4000s @ f/2:

M9, ISO 160, 1/1000s @ f/2:

Last edited:
V

Vivek

That 50/1.5 ZM is as new lens as it can be (despite the "C" designation). :poke: ;)

Cam, Hope your knee is better. I found my 20mm Russar after a long time.

docmoore

Subscriber and Workshop Member
Time to start your own thread on the ZM 50 1.5 C ... I rather like the way it images. And it is a rare old lens that I really desire to use...some great examples here, but I tend to avoid bad glass...I am rather adept at messing up pictures without adding that to the equation.

Bob

V

Vivek

I just love the "grain" structure from the MM (unless there is any post process induced it). :)